67 replies to this topic

#61 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,344 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:34 PM

look, if you think it would make sense to make big personel moves for Rivera knowing that he is bad start away from being fired....and you will then have to go out and hire new coach who you will need to build around for him to have success. So be it.

You have to realize Rivera being on the hotseat he is....dictates some things if you are the new GM.

DG wasn't brought in to add to the Hurney mess. DG, while I am not a huge fan of, I do applaud him for setting things up the best he could to take this team down whatever road he needs to after this season.

All of which are wild assumptions.

#62 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,538 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

look, if you think it would make sense to make big personel moves for Rivera knowing that he is bad start away from being fired....and you will then have to go out and hire new coach who you will need to build around for him to have success.  So be it. 

You have to realize Rivera being on the hotseat he is....dictates some things if you are the new GM. 

DG wasn't brought in to add to the Hurney mess.  DG, while I am not a huge fan of, I do applaud him for setting things up the best he could to take this team down whatever road he needs to after this season.

can i ask why you are not a fan of dave gettleman?

#63 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

You Guys saying same poo different year about Stew are a little off. I know in camp he always misses, but he never missed many games. Some people on here forget that some of these injured guys were studs and will be again. this is not a Hixon type of guy who is borderline in talent and never got to show out cause injury. This is Stew, hes a powerful back that blows up people and runs them over. hes no scrub. And this is the exception that he misses games.

#64 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,344 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:47 PM

You Guys saying same poo different year about Stew are a little off. I know in camp he always misses, but he never missed many games. Some people on here forget that some of these injured guys were studs and will be again. this is not a Hixon type of guy who is borderline in talent and never got to show out cause injury. This is Stew, hes a powerful back that blows up people and runs them over. hes no scrub. And this is the exception that he misses games.

Well, surgery on both ankles hindered his chances of playing in the preseason but then again Stewart hasn't participated in the OTAs, training camp and preseason in years. That said, I tend to believe Jonathan will miss two games this season [max] not because he's still recovering from surgery but because The Panthers want him a 100% healthy.

#65 KARASMATIC444

KARASMATIC444

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 882 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

The reason that happened is i bought his jersey last year, cause Beason(my ocher jersey)was hurt. See the trend?  i now am off to get a Pickles jersey.

#66 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

can i ask why you are not a fan of dave gettleman?

well, I just think he needs to prove more before he gets all the praise he gets.  He is very much an unknown.

He has done a good job to date on tweaking the numbers and setting himself as best he could for after this season.  That however, is all he has proven....or had a chance to prove.  The caliber of FA's and draft picks.....we don't know his strength or flaws yet in that regard.

my biggest reason from jumping on the bandwagon that he is somehalf man, half god, half possible centaur.......is no team in the NFL would give the guy and interview and I worry about when he gets the chance to mold the roster if he will be stuck trying to play the game as it was years ago.  Him hiring a new HC and building the roster would show who he is.....  THAT makes me nervous, I don't think we know him yet.  Many act like they are old drinking buddies.

He passes the only test he has attempted to take thus far.....a lot of still left to show what he is

#67 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,538 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:25 PM

well, I just think he needs to prove more before he gets all the praise he gets.  He is very much an unknown.

He has done a good job to date on tweaking the numbers and setting himself as best he could for after this season.  That however, is all he has proven....or had a chance to prove.  The caliber of FA's and draft picks.....we don't know his strength or flaws yet in that regard.

well than you are undecided.  you are not "not a fan of DG" like you said.

#68 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 25,473 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:31 PM

called the Not For Long league for a reason....

his injury issues are getting worse....not better.  It isn't like he suffered one injury and is trying to rebound.  He is one of those guys w/ it in his DNA.  So as they get worse and he ages...the games he once played through become missed games.  That showed last year and looks to be the same this year.

I am a huge Stewart fan.  IMO the best RB we drafted....only issue is I am not sure we ever saw him go 100% for even a 5 game streak.   I don't think we even know how good he could be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com