Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Armanti Edwards is... Frustrated...

70 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Of course you are....

Not " Oh wow, glad to see he finally doesn't suck anymore and has improved and can help our team now!"

but instead, " I'm angry and upset that he was sucking balls and has finally figure it all out. Ugh. I wanted him to fail so badly."

Makes perfect sense....

Armanti has caught a few passes in the fucking preseason, big fucking deal. Jesus, this guy has never scored a single NFL touchdown in his life. The biggest play he's made at receiver was only because NO ONE covered him. He's been given more chances than anyone could hope for.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Armanti has caught a few passes in the fuging preseason, big fuging deal. Jesus, this guy has never scored a single NFL touchdown in his life. The biggest play he's made at receiver was only because NO ONE covered him. He's been given more chances than anyone could hope for.

If the unthinkable occurs and Newton ever leaves this team I will only find solace in the chance you follow him to whichever team he chooses :)

Posted · Report post

Of course you are....

Not " Oh wow, glad to see he finally doesn't suck anymore and has improved and can help our team now!"

but instead, " I'm angry and upset that he was sucking balls and has finally figure it all out. Ugh. I wanted him to fail so badly."

Makes perfect sense....

There's no evidence whatsoever that he doesn't suck anymore.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

If the unthinkable occurs and Newton ever leaves this team I will only find solace in the chance you follow him to whichever team he chooses :)

I joined this forum BEFORE Newton was even drafted genius. I've been a fan of the Panthers since 2001. Ignorance is bliss.

Posted · Report post

Lord forgive me for I have spoken ill of the almighty Armanti Edwards.
2 people like this

Posted · Report post

There's no evidence whatsoever that he doesn't suck anymore.

You're right.

Other than his camp performances, which were on another level than what they've been before, his teamamtes talking about how well he's done, his coaches saying he's ready, Rivera saying he's in the running for the number three spot and getting reps at the number three spot with the first team in preseason game 1, his play in preseason game one, etc.

So yeah, other than all the evidence, there's no evidence.

Posted · Report post

I think he's a lot faster than the huddle gives him credit for. He couldn't beat the angle on one punt return and now he's slow. The guy did run as high as 4.39 at the combine. Which combined with what we see he must accelerate very fast but doesn't have long speed. I think he's faster than any wr we have not named Gettis, or Ted Ginn. I know a lot of you will say Steve Smith but, at this point I think it's to close to call so i'm giving it to the younger legs.

He didn't run a 40 at the combine. He ran at his pro day and was clocked at a 4.41 and a 4.48. Mind you those are 40 times that depend on quick twitch reflexes and speed through 40 yards. He gets to be a strider on longer runs and is not as fast. He's good in small spaces because of his ability to change direction and shift. No one saw this on punt returns because he was taught, as an NFL returner to get up the field and don't, for the love of Tebow, run backwards.

Posted · Report post

You're right.

Other than his camp performances, which were on another level than what they've been before, his teamamtes talking about how well he's done, his coaches saying he's ready, Rivera saying he's in the running for the number three spot and getting reps at the number three spot with the first team in preseason game 1, his play in preseason game one, etc.

So yeah, other than all the evidence, there's no evidence.

All of that same crap has been said every training camp he's been in. He worked with Moose in his second offseason and everyone raved about how good he was now and how he was gonna do great things that year.

His play in preseason game 1 was average.

There's truly no evidence.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

All of that same crap has been said every training camp he's been in. He worked with Moose in his second offseason and everyone raved about how good he was now and how he was gonna do great things that year.

His play in preseason game 1 was average.

There's truly no evidence.

His camp hype was never even a fourth of what it is now.

Posted · Report post

Of course you are....

Makes perfect sense....

As much as your post?

Posted · Report post

Difference this year for many of the receivers.  The same guy who helped Smitty be great.  Ricky Proehl.

3 people like this

Posted · Report post

He didn't run a 40 at the combine. He ran at his pro day and was clocked at a 4.41 and a 4.48. Mind you those are 40 times that depend on quick twitch reflexes and speed through 40 yards. He gets to be a strider on longer runs and is not as fast. He's good in small spaces because of his ability to change direction and shift. No one saw this on punt returns because he was taught, as an NFL returner to get up the field and don't, for the love of The Golden Calf of Bristol, run backwards.

I'm surr his combine was around 4.43