#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

In my opinion this is a definitive yes. We are a nation that is out of control, playing our part on a global stage that is even more out of control. We are systematically destroying the planet, looting its resources at rates that are absolutely unsustainable with zero regard for its consequences. Today's western/capitalist mindset produces division-based perspectives and a "me vs. you" state of mind built on the acquisition of trivialities such as material possessions and status identifications. Because of this, corruption is rampant in order to ensure an individual's getting ahead of the others in this race of rats. The system has done a better job at creating worker slaves than it has at liberating the collective creativity and ingenuity that make up the human spirit and endeavor. We live in a world where killing and torturing our fellow mankind is acceptable and commonplace behavior by the state. That in itself is an absolute abomination. The homeless and starving are left on the streets to suffer, while billionaires run around town on an endless quest of hording as much money and possessions as humanly possible. Our currency is constantly being manipulated and holds no real value in actuality. The population's faith in what should be equated to printed toilet paper is the only thing that keeps it afloat.

As a species we have lost our way. Being that "the self" is the prime motivating factor expressed (seemingly) in the actions of most individuals, we commit inhumanities against ourselves and our mother Earth every single day without thinking twice. We have been brainwashed by a culture that worships ignorance, fear, nonsensical behavior, and "riches," that usually amounts to empty lives, psychological turbulence, and alienation amongst ourselves. This blatantly contradicts our fundamental aspects of unity and oneness we share at our inherent foundation of being. It is impossible for us to continue down this path for too much longer, while no significant actions have been taken to halt this widespread destructive behavior. Unless we all grow up REAL FAST, while taking the severely drastic measures needed to ensure any level of global sustainability, we will all be doomed to suffer the grim fate handed down to us by ourselves. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We are a very immature and naïve species, and it is imperative we snap out of it now if we want any kind of decent future.

What is everyone else's thoughts on our future outlook in this regard?

#2 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 15,890 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Maybe. But this same thing has been said almost verbatim by people about the current and future of the human condition for thousands of years.

#3 Jangler

Jangler

open your head and look around

• HUDDLER
  • 47,987 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yes, I say the sh!t is in the air heading right for the fan. Nothing can change that now. But I did have lunch at the Samaritan today. Not bad if you like...hedgehog stew, yeah, I'm sure it was hedgehog...

#4 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:21 PM

I think it's  possible if the super rich and powers at be keep crippling the now non existent middle class and poor. There will certainly be a breaking point. I say this from a class stand point in the United States, not on a global stage. I believe we will come to a point in society where the CEO stops making billions while the worker makes minimum wage. Where athletes stop making 250 million to play  a game on grass with a ball and stick. A time when actors don't make 300 million to say a few lines on a screen.

Capitalism on one hand is great in that it allows people a theoretical chance at success but it also creates social class and I think we are starting to see now what happens when it gets out of hand. I'm not preaching that we will suddenly turn into Communists, although it would be nice in theory I don't think it can be done in practice, though it was never truly implemented in the first place. But I do think salary's should be capped. CEO's can't be making billions while hording and never putting the money back into the economy.

#5 Jase

Jase

Kuechold Fantasies

• Administrators
  • 17,475 posts
  • LocationMatthews, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

It already hit the fan 8 years ago.  I guess you missed it.

#6 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

Maybe. But this same thing has been said almost verbatim by people about the current and future of the human condition for thousands of years.

True. I'd say it's an inevitable consequence that is all part of this very short historical novel known as the human experience and lesson, that has been playing out for thousands of years. We all have our parts to play, and it will continue to boil until one day the top blows off. Maybe it will happen during our lifetime, maybe it won't. Either way, as each day passes we find ourselves getting closer and closer to the inevitable, perpetually expanding this theme into new arenas at heightening rates.

#7 PhillyB

PhillyB

hari kari for amari

• ALL-PRO
  • 21,662 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

damn you elysium

#8 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,317 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

yes. in more ways than one.

#9 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

• HUDDLER
  • 10,514 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:41 PM

Well considering you're batting 0.000 on these predictions I'd say we're safe.

#10 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

Just stating the obvious is all. Nothing I wrote is anything people don't already know.

#11 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

In my opinion this is a definitive yes. We are a nation that is out of control, playing our part on a global stage that is even more out of control. We are systematically destroying the planet, looting its resources at rates that are absolutely unsustainable with zero regard for its consequences. Today's western/capitalist mindset produces division-based perspectives and a "me vs. you" state of mind built on the acquisition of trivialities such as material possessions and status identifications. Because of this, corruption is rampant in order to ensure an individual's getting ahead of the others in this race of rats. The system has done a better job at creating worker slaves than it has at liberating the collective creativity and ingenuity that make up the human spirit and endeavor. We live in a world where killing and torturing our fellow mankind is acceptable and commonplace behavior by the state. That in itself is an absolute abomination. The homeless and starving are left on the streets to suffer, while billionaires run around town on an endless quest of hording as much money and possessions as humanly possible. Our currency is constantly being manipulated and holds no real value in actuality. The population's faith in what should be equated to printed toilet paper is the only thing that keeps it afloat.

As a species we have lost our way. Being that "the self" is the prime motivating factor expressed (seemingly) in the actions of most individuals, we commit inhumanities against ourselves and our mother Earth, every single day without thinking twice. We have been brainwashed by a culture that worships ignorance, fear, nonsensical behavior, and "riches," that usually amounts to empty lives, psychological turbulence, and alienation amongst ourselves. This blatantly contradicts our fundamental aspects of unity and oneness we share at our inherent foundation of being. It is impossible for us to continue down this path for too much longer, while no significant actions have been taken to halt this widespread destructive behavior. Unless we all grow up REAL FAST, while taking the severely drastic measures needed to ensure any level of global sustainability, we will all be doomed to suffer the grim fate handed down to us by ourselves. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. We are a very immature and naïve species. It is imperative we snap out of it now if we want any kind of decent future.

What is everyone else's thoughts on our future outlook in this regard?

Well you summed it up in that last bit. We are very young in the grand scheme of things. I remember a scene from Cosmos in which Carl Sagan is standing in a huge room with hundreds, maybe thousands of large tiles on the floor. He starts in one corner saying "imagine this is the Big Bang" he then walks down talking of stars, planets, galaxies etc... forming, disappearing, new ones forming, possible alien societies doing the same, on & on for several minutes. At the last tile, he places a quarter in the corner & says "this... is all of human history." Plus, even in that short time, nothing you described in your first paragraph is new.

You & I may differ on how humankind will reach it's true potential, but we can agree that we aren't anywhere close at the moment, & it would be fascinating to watch it happen.

As to SHTF, I think the idea of it happening is scarier than what would happen during the actual event.

#12 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• HUDDLER
  • 6,232 posts
  • LocationRichardson's toilet

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

With every prediction his odds increase dramatically of getting one right.

#13 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,925 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:55 PM

As to SHTF, I think the idea of it happening is scarier than what would happen during the actual event.

I hope so...although I can't help but look over at whats going on in Egypt right now and think about the potentialities of what we could face one day. I think the human psyche is extremely fragile, and if certain conveniences and routines were taken away people could turn into animals very quickly. I'd like to think however that I have more faith in the human population than that though.

#14 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,132 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

I'm going to guess no. We are a really long way from revolution.

I think we can beat the poor down for at least another 50 years before the riots start to get in the way of MNF.

#15 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:21 PM

There are definitely numerous scenarios that could lead to the collapse of our society.

425px-Antoine-Fran%C3%A7ois_Callet_-_Lou

The USA might eventually have a Louie XVI moment, due to the unfettered greed of those in control, but for that to occur the little people will need to suffer a lot more than they are currently.  The minions will need to be pushed over the edge.  As long as there is junk food, a couch to place your keister on, and a ginormous flat screen to watch sporting events, it is unlikely to happen. "Bread and Circuses".

Environmentally, we continue to trash the planet in the name of blind avarice and ignorance while mindlessly multiplying like yeast in a warm jar of sugar water.  The most plausible environmental doomsday scenario facing mankind may be overfishing and acidification of the oceans by unprecedented burning of fossil fuels. 

These human activities may cause a collapse of the ocean food chain before the end of the century, resulting in unprecedented levels of starvation around the globe.  An environmental disaster that would likely cause a period of instability and wars not seen in generations, if ever.

Overfished and under-protected: Oceans on the brink of catastrophic collapse

By Tom Levitt, for CNN
updated 11:07 AM EDT, Wed March 27, 2013

http://www.cnn.com/2...-climate-change

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com