Photo
- - - - -

Saint's release former number 2 pick Jason Smith..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#37 Mage

Mage

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Basically the fact that he was the number 2 pick tells me that he atleast had some value and viewed as a franchise player. 

No it doesn't.  It just means he was a terrible pick and teams realize that and immediately give up on him.

Signing him for vet minimum doesn't hurt... but explain to me how it helps.  It is adding suck to suck.  It resolves nothing.  

And Gallery wasn't bounced from team to team.

#38 micnificent28

micnificent28

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:20 PM

No it doesn't.  It just means he was a terrible pick and teams realize that and immediately give up on him.

Signing him for vet minimum doesn't hurt... but explain to me how it helps.  It is adding suck to suck.  It resolves nothing.  

And Gallery wasn't bounced from team to team.

He must not be as bad as you think because the jets resigned him....

#39 Mage

Mage

SUPPORTER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:36 PM

He must not be as bad as you think because the jets resigned him....

How does him getting re-signed mean he doesn't suck (considering the Jets offensive line sucks anyway)?  We re-signed Derek Anderson.  Does he not suck either?

You make no sense at all and still refuse to answer my question.  Please tell me what exactly signing Jason Smith accomplishes for us.  He isn't going to start.  If he did, he wouldn't do well at all.  

It is like having Jimmy Clausen starting at QB and then begging for our front office to sign, say, Trent Edwards.  Sure, Clausen sucks, but so does Edwards.  We aren't really accomplishing much.

#40 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

Can he play guard?

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:07 AM

Being reported that the Jets are giving him another shot.

#42 Rules&Regulations

Rules&Regulations

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:27 AM

Great idea! Lets also bring in Jamarcus Russell while we're at it!

#43 micnificent28

micnificent28

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:06 AM

Great idea! Lets also bring in Jamarcus Russell while we're at it!

That might also be an upgrade at the backup qb position. Gotta be better than jimmy right? Him in a vertical offense might be pretty good.

#44 micnificent28

micnificent28

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:12 AM

How does him getting re-signed mean he doesn't suck (considering the Jets offensive line sucks anyway)? We re-signed Derek Anderson. Does he not suck either?
You make no sense at all and still refuse to answer my question. Please tell me what exactly signing Jason Smith accomplishes for us. He isn't going to start. If he did, he wouldn't do well at all.

It is like having Jimmy Clausen starting at QB and then begging for our front office to sign, say, Trent Edwards. Sure, Clausen sucks, but so does Edwards. We aren't really accomplishing much.

My point was the jets resigned him after knowing whatever suckage you speak of. Someone must like something or see something in him. Having a talent that was once a number 2 overall pick come in a compete can't possibly be as bad as your making it out to be. So what he's not a superstar he's 27. After watching bell and co get beat like a drum how many options do we have anyway? Having him on the team to compete and maybe finally get it for a low price? There is no negative. If he sucks well there's the door... you act like he's a cancer and he might contaminate an already dreadful offensive line.