Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Think about what you eat and what you're contributing to. *Warning: Disturbing Content*

23 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXY2XI00FH8

This is absolutely horrific. Unless you want to further the holocaust of animals I suggest going vegetarian/vegan. This type of behavior is about as barbaric and luciferian as it gets. As a human race we should be deeply ashamed that it's come to this.

Posted · Report post

I'm hungry.

Posted · Report post

Look at all those jobs that would be lost.

Posted · Report post

I'm not watching that shit... I like steak too much...

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

if you are really trying to show people the reality of our treatment of animals you should have posted this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19eBAfUFK3E

that other video is extremely tame compared to this

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

I've cut out most meat.

Its unsustainable at the rate its growing.

Posted · Report post

Pigs chickens and cows would already be extinct if we didn't raise them to eat. Also in other news Scientists are this _____ close to proving  tomatoes have feelings.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

meh...

I eat local where I can.  I even try to make sure a lot of what I eat is organic or at least sustainable.

I dont really care about the way the cow was treated prior to it being parceled out and ending up on my grill.

Posted · Report post

That's an excerpt from Samsara, which is phenomenal if you ever get the chance to watch the whole thing. 

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

it's horb, but how else they gonna feed this extremely overpopulated planet?

Posted · Report post

pigs and chickens would still be kept for pets, and chickens "farmed" for their eggs, but without eating them, their population would reduce drastically...

with cows, they would still be killed for leather goods and used for dairy, but not eating them, their population would also reduce, but they'd still be raised and killed for their skin(the leather)...

Groundhogs and other small animals die by the millions when fields are prepped for crops, and again during harvest...on top of that they die for no reason, a complete waste of a life. We all are responsible for animal deaths...

and dammit, i love steak

Posted · Report post

The table below shows the trend of onset age for puberty over a forty-year period. As you will see, with the increased use of hormones, the age for puberty onset has decreased:

Year(s) Age of Onset of Puberty

1970 12.6

1980 11.62

1990 10.88

2000 9.86

Note from T. Parker-Pope, Copyright 2009

Unfortunately, many of our foods today are monitored so liberally that the hormones used are almost overlooked in the United States, and the FDA has allowed these hormones, or variations of such, to be reintroduced into our diets.

The FDA plays a crucial role in mass production of poultry and foods, and with that Americans have allowed themselves to become comfortable with the processes used to manufacture foods such as poultry and dairy. The role of the FDA is to standardize and create regularity in the industry; however, the FDA has become very subdued when mandating what the appropriate level of hormones and additives is. "One area where the FDA has let the public down is in its refusal to adequately regulate the use of growth-promoting drugs in factory farms" ("The FDA," 2010, p. 1). The industry itself has become a cash cow on the backs of consumers by chemically enhancing our foods for the most dollar per pound, yet , where is the regulation for the for researching the effects and exactly what is being added to our foods? "The FDA's lack of testing for estrogenic compounds doesn't stop at additives. In 2008, an independent advisory board said the FDA ignored critical evidence concerning another estrogenic compound, bisphenol A, a plasticizing chemical found in polycarbonate baby bottles and the linings of metal foods cans" (Knoblauch, 2010, p. 1).

http://voices.yahoo.com/additives-hormones-our-food-growing-epidemic-10933986.html?cat=25