Photo
- - - - -

Think about what you eat and what you're contributing to. *Warning: Disturbing Content*

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

This is absolutely horrific. Unless you want to further the holocaust of animals I suggest going vegetarian/vegan. This type of behavior is about as barbaric and luciferian as it gets. As a human race we should be deeply ashamed that it's come to this.

#2 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 17,716 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm hungry.

#3 88 Bronco

88 Bronco

• HUDDLER
  • 5,775 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:36 PM

Look at all those jobs that would be lost.

#4 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • 31,483 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:42 PM

I'm not watching that poo... I like steak too much...

#5 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• HUDDLER
  • 6,705 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:45 PM

if you are really trying to show people the reality of our treatment of animals you should have posted this.

that other video is extremely tame compared to this

#6 Cat

Cat

Terminally bored

• HUDDLER
  • 7,546 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I've cut out most meat.

Its unsustainable at the rate its growing.

#7 Jangler

Jangler

Its gonna be just like they say, them voices tell me so

• HUDDLER
  • 44,744 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Pigs chickens and cows would already be extinct if we didn't raise them to eat. Also in other news Scientists are this _____ close to proving  tomatoes have feelings.

#8 Inimicus

Inimicus

Life is better in a kayak

• HUDDLER
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:33 PM

meh...

I eat local where I can.  I even try to make sure a lot of what I eat is organic or at least sustainable.

I dont really care about the way the cow was treated prior to it being parceled out and ending up on my grill.

#9 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

That's an excerpt from Samsara, which is phenomenal if you ever get the chance to watch the whole thing. 

#10 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 8,255 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

it's horb, but how else they gonna feed this extremely overpopulated planet?

#11 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

pigs and chickens would still be kept for pets, and chickens "farmed" for their eggs, but without eating them, their population would reduce drastically...

with cows, they would still be killed for leather goods and used for dairy, but not eating them, their population would also reduce, but they'd still be raised and killed for their skin(the leather)...

Groundhogs and other small animals die by the millions when fields are prepped for crops, and again during harvest...on top of that they die for no reason, a complete waste of a life. We all are responsible for animal deaths...

and dammit, i love steak

#12 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:25 PM

The table below shows the trend of onset age for puberty over a forty-year period. As you will see, with the increased use of hormones, the age for puberty onset has decreased:

Year(s) Age of Onset of Puberty

1970 12.6

1980 11.62

1990 10.88

2000 9.86

Note from T. Parker-Pope, Copyright 2009

Unfortunately, many of our foods today are monitored so liberally that the hormones used are almost overlooked in the United States, and the FDA has allowed these hormones, or variations of such, to be reintroduced into our diets.

The FDA plays a crucial role in mass production of poultry and foods, and with that Americans have allowed themselves to become comfortable with the processes used to manufacture foods such as poultry and dairy. The role of the FDA is to standardize and create regularity in the industry; however, the FDA has become very subdued when mandating what the appropriate level of hormones and additives is. "One area where the FDA has let the public down is in its refusal to adequately regulate the use of growth-promoting drugs in factory farms" ("The FDA," 2010, p. 1). The industry itself has become a cash cow on the backs of consumers by chemically enhancing our foods for the most dollar per pound, yet , where is the regulation for the for researching the effects and exactly what is being added to our foods? "The FDA's lack of testing for estrogenic compounds doesn't stop at additives. In 2008, an independent advisory board said the FDA ignored critical evidence concerning another estrogenic compound, bisphenol A, a plasticizing chemical found in polycarbonate baby bottles and the linings of metal foods cans" (Knoblauch, 2010, p. 1).

http://voices.yahoo....986.html?cat=25

#13 -13 Amp-

-13 Amp-

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationShelby, NC

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

The table below shows the trend of onset age for puberty over a forty-year period. As you will see, with the increased use of hormones, the age for puberty onset has decreased:

Year(s) Age of Onset of Puberty

1970 12.6

1980 11.62

1990 10.88

2000 9.86

Note from T. Parker-Pope, Copyright 2009

Unfortunately, many of our foods today are monitored so liberally that the hormones used are almost overlooked in the United States, and the FDA has allowed these hormones, or variations of such, to be reintroduced into our diets.

The FDA plays a crucial role in mass production of poultry and foods, and with that Americans have allowed themselves to become comfortable with the processes used to manufacture foods such as poultry and dairy. The role of the FDA is to standardize and create regularity in the industry; however, the FDA has become very subdued when mandating what the appropriate level of hormones and additives is. "One area where the FDA has let the public down is in its refusal to adequately regulate the use of growth-promoting drugs in factory farms" ("The FDA," 2010, p. 1). The industry itself has become a cash cow on the backs of consumers by chemically enhancing our foods for the most dollar per pound, yet , where is the regulation for the for researching the effects and exactly what is being added to our foods? "The FDA's lack of testing for estrogenic compounds doesn't stop at additives. In 2008, an independent advisory board said the FDA ignored critical evidence concerning another estrogenic compound, bisphenol A, a plasticizing chemical found in polycarbonate baby bottles and the linings of metal foods cans" (Knoblauch, 2010, p. 1).

http://voices.yahoo....986.html?cat=25

the same thing is happening in Europe and they don't allow a lot of those hormones in their food and milk products, they blame "environmental toxins"

#14 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:31 PM

the same thing is happening in Europe and they don't allow a lot of those hormones in their food and milk products, they blame "environmental toxins"

There are lots of drugs with hormones, along with other man made waste (environmental toxins) entering our water supplies every day, so that is plausible.  One factor for early puberty does not preclude the possibility of other contributing factors  

It’s going to be more difficult to prove or disprove causation in the United States because the FDA is pretty much in the pocket of the agricultural industry. 

Never-the-less, it stands to reason that it is not a very good idea to be exposed to or ingest contaminants with potential hormonal activity.  This stuff is definitely not food.

#15 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• Administrators
  • 13,141 posts
  • LocationILM

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

if you are really trying to show people the reality of our treatment of animals you should have posted this.

that other video is extremely tame compared to this

W

FWIW the pig farm industry isn't nearly as bad as it was in that vide now.

It's not much, but the pigs that went through my parents farm were treated very well.

Sow farms, were you saw all the clipping and sows unable to move have had some significant changes.

I wish free range was viable, but there are just to many mouths to feed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.