Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will Barner, Norman, Short and others get first team looks tonight?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

I still wish I could see what Brandon Williams could do with the 1's.  Plus there are so many questions around the WR's.  I just don't think I will have many more answers after tonight's game.  Unfortunately, it's the subtle nuances that make the difference and I am only capable of observing the blatant so... I hope to see a good mix of personnel for Rivera and Gettleman's sake but I don't think it will help me personally.

Posted

I hate game three. Everyone that matter is on the field for a meaningless game. Look for many more first team injuries around the league this weekend.

Posted

I think it's over exaggerated a bit. Preseason games were needed 20 years ago, now most vets are basically ready to go when camp starts. We know what Smith and Olsen and Dwill are gonna bring. A game like this will not change much. However, seeing what our young guys do against ones in a dress rehearsal could be very telling and beneficial.

I think it's more important than ever in today's NFL. With the lack of contact they have and only practicing in shells 80% of the time its needed.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope we look good!!! I won't be watching but I'm recording so I can watch it with cooler heads the next day

Posted

I think the biggest thing tonight is getting as many reps as possible to Ginn and Gettis. It's frustrating that Edwards and Hixon aren't out there. We need to see who is going to step up and take the 3 spot and tonight's the biggest test for those guys.

Posted

Dwill is healthy and Kawann has been running with the ones. I'm excited for this game mostly because of the quality camera angles ESPN gets. Our preseason coverage is poo so we should get a few replays of star and Kawann since they were our first two picks.

Posted

They said Beason is a maybe. I'd like to see him Luke and TD out there like its should be and see if 52 can move like he used to.

Posted

I think the biggest thing tonight is getting as many reps as possible to Ginn and Gettis. It's frustrating that Edwards and Hixon aren't out there. We need to see who is going to step up and take the 3 spot and tonight's the biggest test for those guys.

I honestly believe that the secondary wont challenge our receivers. Outside of Reed they were iffy, now there's no more read. The important thing to watch is blitz pick up and how our oline reacts to certain looks. Just because its preseason doesn't mean they can't adjust their coverage.

Posted

I hope they have Gettis in with Cam for at least a couple of series just to see if his success continues against starters. Not really worried about anyone else.