Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official Panthers at Ravens Gameday Thread

1,742 posts in this topic

Posted

Finally, the preseason game that is really worth watching. Lets see how we do against the champs.

Posted

Any word on how long the starters will play?

Posted

cue shrieking binaries

Posted

Any word on how long the starters will play?

I would guess into the first series of the 3rd quarter

Posted

Well tonight should be a good test for the Oline.

Gulp.

Defensive line could be the Ravens' best

The Ravens have all the vital ingredients. They've got the stud in nose tackle Haloti Ngata, who gave the team a special bonus by reporting to training camp in good shape. In Ngata, the Ravens have a player who specializes in stopping the run, but can also get pressure on the quarterback.

Fourth-year defensive tackle Arthur Jones could have a breakout season. He emerged as a strong pass rusher at the end of last season, but needs to play more consistently this year. So far, he might be having the best camp of any defensive linemen.

And then there is Canty, possibly the missing link of this defense for the past decade. General manager Ozzie Newsome always had the big, beefy, burly players in the middle, but Canty is from a different mold. He is long, lean and can play the run as well as the pass. With those long arms and the ability to work leverage, he can collapse a pocket or knock down passes.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-19/sports/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0820-20130819_1_dean-pees-the-ravens-haloti-ngata

Posted

Spotlight comin up on espn...right after they finish talking about how kappernickel could be one of the greatest qbs of all time hahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahah

Posted

I'm waiting for this ESPN piece and I have no idea why. All the advertisement for it has been "CAN CAM FINALLY PLAY LIKE HE HIS ROOKIE YEAR? SOPHOMORE SLUMP!!!"

We're gonna get the same recycled misinformed garbage

1 person likes this

Posted

Injuries besides Hixon and Armanti? 

Posted

http://www.delmarvanow.com/viewart/20130822/SPORTS/308220071/Operation-progress

I expect their defense to be ahead of our offense but it will be great to get some work against them.

They have a lot of receiving changes, with pressure and continued solid play from Josh squared would like to see us continue the positive turnover margin.  Would also be nice to shut down some drives before they get in the red zone.

Posted

Well tonight should be a good test for the Oline.

Gulp.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-08-19/sports/bs-sp-preston-ravens-column-0820-20130819_1_dean-pees-the-ravens-haloti-ngata

I just got that "walked into class 30 minutes late on the first day" feeling in my stomach.

I really hope our guys step up and surprise us all tonight.

1 person likes this

Posted

Injuries besides Hixon and Armanti? 

I thought Hixon was back practicing/playing?

Posted

I just really hope cam isn't running for his life tonight....biggest test so far for the suspect right side of our Oline...I refuse to speak ill of Kalil and gross