Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Draft Positions of Need.

111 posts in this topic

Posted

CB has to be in there somewhere. Josh Thomas and Captain Munnerlyn are liabilities against better WRs.

Posted

we need help all over the place: I'd say best talent available at OT, WR, CB or Safety

Posted

1st CB: Ifo Ekpre-Olomu (Oregon) kid can really read a QB

2nd TE: Eric Ebron (UNC)- loved those TE duo of Shockey and Olson Cams rookie year. 2nd B FS: Ed Reynolds (Stanford)-  as bad as our offense has looked, Rivera is building around the .  We have one of the best front 7's out there, now just need to shore up the DB's.

3rd OT: Seantrel Henderson (Miami)

4th DB: Lamarcus Joyner (FSU) can play slot or safety

5th WR: Devin Street (Pitt)

Posted

BPA is what we are going to do. Free agency can target needs, but if you target positions in the draft, you reach.  We know Gettlemen is not a trade fan, so he will take the BPA as he did.

Funny, but RB could be a big need next year.  However, think Giants.  Bradshaw, etc.  They had success in the later rounds.

If I were GM, and this excludes Adrian Peterson, I would never have a RB on a second contract.

Posted

I know people want D,D,D But ween need something like

1. WR (Watkins, Lee, Evans)

2. OLine

3. CB

4. CB

5. OL

6. OL

Posted

If we go on and sucked so bad that we ended up with a top7 pick, I wouldn't hesitate to take a guy like "Anthony Barr". Beason is not a so good OLB nad TD is aging. Putting Barr beside Kuechly and behind this Dline would be scary.

Posted

CB, WR, OT.....def

Posted

If we go on and sucked so bad that we ended up with a top7 pick, I wouldn't hesitate to take a guy like "Anthony Barr". Beason is not a so good OLB nad TD is aging. Putting Barr beside Kuechly and behind this Dline would be scary.

We got to many other problems to take another LB that high. You can get a good enough LB in the 3rd round, need to get bigger needs.

Posted

Well guys, the way it is looking, we will be set up for the OT Lewan or Matthews.  Or, a great WR.

Looking like we are gonna blow it up around here at years end so who knows what we will need.

Posted

We got to many other problems to take another LB that high. You can get a good enough LB in the 3rd round, need to get bigger needs.

Yes, but one of those problem is "pass rush". Hardy may be on his way out after this season. If he does, Barr would be a great and imo an upgrade over Hardy; pass rushing wise. When you're drafting that high (7-10), you have to draft by BPA.

Posted

Needs as of Week 2:

1. OT - Preferably a LT and move Gross to RT.

2. WR - Smitty isn't getting any younger and still no legit #2.

3. CB - lol worthy at times. Too many guys wide open constantly

4. OG - RG still a big issue

5. FS - Godfrey will probably not be here next year. 

Posted

This team is getting one of those elite tackles, maybe the protection will look better with some new WR's, a new OL and coaching staff.....