Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What can be done about o-line?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

Grab a OL from FA, bring in an extra tight-end - more 2 TE formations, getting Jon and Tolbert back? Idk but this will be painful to watch all year. Our defense ballin

Posted

After this game I don't think Gman has a choice but to bring in a FA stopgap OL

Sent from my SGH-T999

1 person likes this

Posted

Need new players... starters and depth

Posted

The problem is.. it's not 1 offensive lineman.  Bell, Williams, Silatolu..hell even Kalil is messing up. Gross is the only one playing well.  We are not blocking well on the run or pass.  Maybe it's coaching.  I'm not sure.  But you can't even blame 1 player.

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is.. it's not 1 offensive lineman. Bell, Williams, Silatolu..hell even Kalil is messing up. Gross is the only one playing well. We are not blocking well on the run or pass. Maybe it's coaching. I'm not sure. But you can't even blame 1 player.

Entire left side is backup talent...and Kalil is coming off a year of IR

1 person likes this

Posted

The problem is.. it's not 1 offensive lineman. Bell, Williams, Silatolu..hell even Kalil is messing up. Gross is the only one playing well. We are not blocking well on the run or pass. Maybe it's coaching. I'm not sure. But you can't even blame 1 player.

1 person likes this

Posted

bootlegs, shotgun and quick hitters. hell even some max protect would be nice.

Posted

Not starting guys that are second or third stringers at best would be a big help.

1 person likes this

Posted

Bring in two veteran offensive linemen. 

Posted

Cam is injured, won't be back. Not good and it's just preseason. That really should be the main focus

Posted

The problem is.. it's not 1 offensive lineman.  Bell, Williams, Silatolu..hell even Kalil is messing up. Gross is the only one playing well.  We are not blocking well on the run or pass.  Maybe it's coaching.  I'm not sure.  But you can't even blame 1 player.

You reap what you sow, expecting an undrafted player ( Gary Williams), 7th round pick (Bryon Bell) , and a DIV II prospect (Silatolu) to come in and solidify your offensive line is unrealistic. Look at the 49ers, the majority of their offensive linemen were first round picks. Panthers have to draft at least 2 offensive linemen in the 2014 draft.

Posted

right side?