• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#46 MechaZain

MechaZain

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

so you want a new offensive scheme and one that plays to our QBs weakness?

Yes. I trust his ability to adapt over our o-line's ability to play competently.

#47 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 954 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

i think someone needs to go to the local bars and prisons and find the biggest meanest motherf#%^rs they can find. 

no talent bouncers would be better than what we have,.

#48 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,837 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

Yes. I trust his ability to adapt over our o-line's ability to play competently.

We just aren't set up to play that game right now, and it plays directly into Cam's weakest part of his game.

#49 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

Dude, it's the preseason.  We've always kept things very vanilla in the preseason under Rivera and never really shown our hand.

Yea but we are taking vanilla to a whole new level.  I am not buying the logic in that.

#50 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,459 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

So how does someone know we are  not able to run a power scheme when we haven't opened up the playbook and are virtually running the same plays regardless of defensive scheme. Especially when we ran it quite well with virtually the same personnel at the end of last year?

#51 chknwing

chknwing

• HUDDLER
  • 6,445 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

tumblr_m9nlaaulM91qgfmalo1_500.gif

#52 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,569 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

pray all the time

#53 xav8tor

xav8tor

Foul Weather Fan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • LocationOff the Grid

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I don't get why many say the offense (or Cam) is not capable of a scheme incorporating short, quick passes.  Just how much skill/talent is required to draw up 10 or 12 such plays and execute them, where six guys are protecting the QB for maybe three seconds max, and he's throwing bullets to guys running buttonhooks, etc. 25 feet away?

#54 Jmac

Jmac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 904 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

So with this oline I can expect the next for months of Sundays to be full of:
1 cursing
2 throwing crap at the TV
3 stomping around the house
My family will be delighted.

#55 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,937 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

you can start by NOT waiting until after training camp to try and fix it.

quit putting it on the backburner. fix the areas that need it. get your OL set before you go into training camp instead of it being a 3 week audition just so you can find out that you still need 2 more pieces for it to not suck.

and then...get them used to each other and their roles so they can hit the ground running like a well oiled machine instead of taking the first 5-6 weeks to get average.

#56 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

So how does someone know we are not able to run a power scheme when we haven't opened up the playbook and are virtually running the same plays regardless of defensive scheme. Especially when we ran it quite well with virtually the same personnel at the end of last year?

We didn't run well last year. Did we do something to improve our ability to pound the rock?

#57 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,891 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

I don't get why many say the offense (or Cam) is not capable of a scheme incorporating short, quick passes. Just how much skill/talent is required to draw up 10 or 12 such plays and execute them, where six guys are protecting the QB for maybe three seconds max, and he's throwing bullets to guys running buttonhooks, etc. 25 feet away?

It is why the GM and HC both believing in the same thing matters....building toward the same thing. Hurney got RR off to a bad start and now DG is in a tough spot

Rivera wants to run Norv's O....it is what he knows and believes in. That is what we run. To do that you need to be given an OL that can hold up for the deep pass and that can open up holes for a power run game. RR's offense made Newton a good draft pick. His skill set fits.

#58 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:05 PM

Am I missing something?

I'll be the first to admit and agree that the O-line isn't the greatest but isn't this basically the same line we had last year?  Maybe even a little better?

We were 9th in the league in rushing last year.  Yes, I know Cam running was a huge part of that and we do not want to run him that much in the further but with more commintment to the traditional run game and Cam will still get some yards running we're still probably middle of the pack in rushing.  We've got enought weapons to score points.

We'll actually gameplan.  So we'll hopfully see more screen passes, slant routes, etc.  Things that allow the o-line to not have to block for 5-7 seconds.  Take advantage of matchup on the line.  Scheme for certain players that are hurting you. 

We don't do any of that stuff in preseason.  So, while I agree we could use an upgrade (or two) on the line we're not nearly as bad as everyone is making us out to be. 

#59 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,604 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:33 PM

Don't worry Kugzilla on the way

This just in:  he had a "minor set back" somewhere along the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.