Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

I know I know PRESEASON.... But should we be concerned about Cam's accuracy?

• Please log in to reply
114 replies to this topic

#91 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,963 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Get used to this panthers55

To a poor OLine or that every team has as good a blitz scheme as Balltimore?  I said early today that the ravens would use the whole defensive playbook and it would be tough.  What I didn't know was we were going to blitz as well.

#92 Everfrost

Everfrost

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • LocationPanther Nation

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:26 PM

wasn't he like 10/19 with 4 easy ass drops 14/19 73%

#93 BBQ&Beer

BBQ&Beer

The good actor

• HUDDLER
  • 3,965 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:29 PM

The routes, weren't ran correctly on those other passes.

I agree, but 13 of 19 is 68%. The point is even giving them those two his accuracy wasn't the problem tonight.

#94 CardiacCats

CardiacCats

• HUDDLER
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

i knew i shouldn't have made this thread lol, apologies to my overreactions

#95 Pimpdaddy

Pimpdaddy

takin it as it comes

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,940 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:37 PM

Gruden said it... our lack of a legit 2nd and 3rd WR will haunt us....The Oline looks pretty bad... but we already had that concern.

#96 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Cam will never be a real precision passer, he needs a complete balanced offense (running game,oline.and receivers) to maximize his game.If he had those things, he would be tearing it up. He is a great athlete that can be a very good quarterback with the right pieces around him.It is obvious that it won't work if he is expected too stand in there and thread the needle with his passing game.I don't understand how DG made the"has to win"statement knoWing that there are some major problems on the offensive side.

#97 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

Cam's accuracy = Yes

O-Line = Yes

#98 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:40 PM

No. Looking at cams history in the preseason I'm actually pleased . Our defense never played this well and Cam always plays this way. No turnovers for the O again, if we do that we win. Cam can throw for 2500 yards and ten TDs as long as he only has 5 ints, I don't care.

#99 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,642 posts
  • LocationAsheville NC

Posted 22 August 2013 - 10:44 PM

And by the way,ESPN does suck ass.I knew a soon as they showed the montage of Cam pouting last year that they where hoping he would fail.Funny how they had that crap all cued up and ready to add to the broadcast.

#100 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:07 PM

The o line is poo, he's never been good in the preseason and we've barely even opened the playbook, but even sometimes he has had time tonight he's made multiple bad, bad throws that should be automatic by now. Look I love Cam, he's my favorite player on the team but I'm growing a little concerned. Please don't poo on me

In all honesty I think when it comes to Cam, It's clear ESPN/NFLN have their script ready for him regardless of what he does on the field. If you go look at some of the preseason games so far, Cam is not playing any different than the other QBs. How many INTs did Brady have tonight?

It's getting kinda boring when I watch these game with certain QBs under center and I can predict what is going to come out of the mouths of these so call experts. They seem hell bent on training us to see these QBs not as they truly are, but as they want us to see them.  IMO, Cam threw a couple of bad balls tonight. He's intitled too. It seems, as I stated before, the receivers for QBs like Luck, Manning, and Flacco, will go out of their way to reign in their over-thrown or under-thrown balls and these Analysts will barely make much of it. But when it comes to Cam, even if the receivers reign in his mistakes, it's obvious that they have to point out any and every mistake he makes and when the mistake isn't his, they still try to find something to criticize him about. So darn obvious. 

#101 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,605 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:14 PM

Hell no!!

Our o-line has been abysmal. Cam couldn't step up in the pocket tonight, and had to run for his life. In addition, our offense has no chemistry -- no rhythm. You can see it instantly. There's no fluidity or flow when Cam and the offense step on the field. When your line can't protect the QB and open lanes for the running backs, your offense is going to struggle.

Keep in mind, at one point Cam was 7 for 12 (2 drops by our receivers; so really 9-12). We need LaFell and Gettis to step the fug up!!!

#102 footballisasport

footballisasport

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:24 PM

And by the way,ESPN does suck ass.I knew a soon as they showed the montage of Cam pouting last year that they where hoping he would fail.Funny how they had that crap all cued up and ready to add to the broadcast.

Those folks on ESPN need to sit their asses down when it comes to their so called unbiased analyzying of these games. They are so damn predictable. When Grudden started to pull out his 2011 script for Cam, I had to remember what network I was watching. Sad.

#103 micnificent28

micnificent28

• HUDDLER
  • 3,112 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

I am more concerned of why we as a fan base expect this offense to be better than they have shown in the Pre-season.

Can you tell one offensive threat that we brought in since Cam has been here?

You know, to the offense that was one of the worst ranked offenses the season prior to him getting here.

Because this isn't the real offense maybe?

#104 Dash Global

Dash Global

• HUDDLER
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:30 AM

we have also seen every QB do those things.hell the QB on the other side of the field did that in this game, and he just won a super bowl MVP. QBs do go perfect in this game, i forgot.

Sure every QB does those things from time to time.The problem for Cam is he has that issue almost every week.

#105 Shufdog

Shufdog

• HUDDLER
  • 2,149 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:31 AM

God Dammit... this place just dropped another level into Hell!! Footballisasport is posting again!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com