Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safety Philosophy

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

He found Ray Rice in the hole today and whiffed

Fair enough, I missed calling him out on that play if what you say is correct.  Whiffs are inexcusable imo.  Make a fucking tackle... always.

Posted · Report post

Hell yea

Ravens did it and won a SB off it

Posted · Report post

Is it worth the occasional personal foul penalty to have a safety who intimidates opposing receivers?

(and/or sometimes knocks them out)

If a QB knows he is weak in coverage....will a hit on some WR suddenly cause him to stop looking?

Posted · Report post

There is a fine line between nasty and stupid. Hope we r nasty as hell but not stupid as hell.

Posted · Report post

If a QB knows he is weak in coverage....will a hit on some WR suddenly cause him to stop looking?

Could you rephrase so that I know precisely what you are asking?  The first part of your question is somewhat... ambiguous?

Posted · Report post

No, your essentially giving 15 yards for free in the hopes of a specific circumstance happening, and you have no idea what the mindset of that receiver may be.

Posted · Report post

Mitchell's late hit penalty was a pretty tacky call...

Posted · Report post

Once a Raider, alwasy a fucking raider. cut his ass.

Posted · Report post

All depends on the game situation. Sometimes, if it won't kill field position, maybe.

Posted · Report post

No, but will the receiver staring down a nasty shot think twice when that ball comes his way?

That's the question.

Posted · Report post

YES! but his coverage abilities is questionable.

Still want Mikell.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Is it worth the occasional personal foul penalty to have a safety who intimidates opposing receivers?

(and/or sometimes knocks them out)

I do think there needs to be some fear of going over the middle. I'd say if they were going to lay a statement hit it would be better to do it earlier in the game...impacts more of the game and if there is a penalty we have more time to recover from its effects.