Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Safety Philosophy

51 posts in this topic

Posted

He found Ray Rice in the hole today and whiffed

Fair enough, I missed calling him out on that play if what you say is correct.  Whiffs are inexcusable imo.  Make a fuging tackle... always.

Posted

Hell yea

Ravens did it and won a SB off it

Posted

Is it worth the occasional personal foul penalty to have a safety who intimidates opposing receivers?

(and/or sometimes knocks them out)

If a QB knows he is weak in coverage....will a hit on some WR suddenly cause him to stop looking?

Posted

There is a fine line between nasty and stupid. Hope we r nasty as hell but not stupid as hell.

Posted

If a QB knows he is weak in coverage....will a hit on some WR suddenly cause him to stop looking?

Could you rephrase so that I know precisely what you are asking?  The first part of your question is somewhat... ambiguous?

Posted

No, your essentially giving 15 yards for free in the hopes of a specific circumstance happening, and you have no idea what the mindset of that receiver may be.

Posted

Mitchell's late hit penalty was a pretty tacky call...

Posted

Once a Raider, alwasy a fuging raider. cut his ass.

Posted

All depends on the game situation. Sometimes, if it won't kill field position, maybe.

Posted

No, but will the receiver staring down a nasty shot think twice when that ball comes his way?

That's the question.

Posted

YES! but his coverage abilities is questionable.

Still want Mikell.

1 person likes this

Posted

Is it worth the occasional personal foul penalty to have a safety who intimidates opposing receivers?

(and/or sometimes knocks them out)

I do think there needs to be some fear of going over the middle. I'd say if they were going to lay a statement hit it would be better to do it earlier in the game...impacts more of the game and if there is a penalty we have more time to recover from its effects.