Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why were there no designed roll outs for cam?

73 posts in this topic

Posted

We all know how horrible our o-line is yet they called no roll outs for him and just let him drop back to get sacked or pressured. However as soon as clausen comes in he rolls out of the pocket for a pass. Does that make sense to anyone? Why did they call none for cam but for clausen?

Posted

Because Shula sucks

Posted

The only thing I can logically deduce is that the coaching staff wants to see the offense winning basic football plays, even when the defense knows they're coming. The offense is vanilla but it's time for them to nut up and beat the guy across from them without any trickery. The 2nd and 3rd string offenses have utilized a broader playbook, probably because this is the only time they'll get to run them in live action.

1 person likes this

Posted

The only thing I can logically deduce is that the coaching staff wants to see the offense winning basic football plays, even when the defense knows they're coming. The offense is vanilla but it's time for them to nut up and beat the guy across from them without any trickery. The 2nd and 3rd string offenses have utilized a broader playbook, probably because this is the only time they'll get to run them in live action.

This makes sense because goddamn the headache I would have if they are being idiots with the way they are trying to run the first string offense if it wasn't true.

Posted

I think you will see plenty of it by the regular season.

Posted

We just don´t show our playbook to the competitors in the real games comming up. I am not too worried tbh, but those dropped passes made me sick last night.

Posted

I can only hope it is to hide much of what we are doing on offense for the regular season.

My gut tells me this is not the case though. I want to believe otherwise.

Posted

because he trips over his own feet.

Posted

I can only hope it is to hide much of what we are doing on offense for the regular season.

My gut tells me this is not the case though. I want to believe otherwise.

If they continue to run this offense in the regular season, that makes Shula and RR the dumbest people to every have NFL coaching jobs.

Posted

If they continue to run this offense in the regular season, that makes Shula and RR the dumbest people to every have NFL coaching jobs.

Well, to be fair, I already thought Shula was based on his past. You all kept telling me he is so much better now and has changed, so I remain hopeful you are right and that he is just holding his cards for the regular season.

I'm not ready to pass judgement on him yet, he may come out and light it up in week one. Who knows.

1 person likes this

Posted

I heard Shula was ill last night. Reports say it was a pretty serious case of the Herp Derps.

1 person likes this