* * * * * 1 votes

Hardy wants to get paid.

• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

#136 Guest_Spider Monkey_*

Guest_Spider Monkey_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:35 PM

Gettleman will tag Hardy before he lets him walk or trades him for nothing. Hardy will sign a moderate contract or play under the tag next season.

Williams, Stewart, Beason, and Godfrey will be gone next year. Barner/Tolbert will be the backfield next season.

Cam will play out his 5-year rookie deal.

All this crap talking about throwing money at Cam and cutting Hardy next season is hysterical.

#137 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Accuracy issues? Are you watching a different sport, or did I fail to see all those clean dropbacks with plenty of time for Cam?

we get it, you're a fan, good, great, happy for you

But, most will realize that he is experiencing accuracy issues, in real games and in training camp. And in training camp, nobody is gonna touch him and he understands that and still, there are interceptions and overthrows and basically, accuracy issues.

Whether not not he can get his footwork together or whatever it takes is an unknown, but to act like it is not happening, not matter how rabid a fan you are, is just your deal.

#138 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 4,875 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 23 August 2013 - 02:44 PM

we get it, you're a fan, good, great, happy for you

But, most will realize that he is experiencing accuracy issues, in real games and in training camp. And in training camp, nobody is gonna touch him and he understands that and still, there are interceptions and overthrows and basically, accuracy issues.

Whether not not he can get his footwork together or whatever it takes is an unknown, but to act like it is not happening, not matter how rabid a fan you are, is just your deal.

Being a fan has nothing to do with it. And while they may not allow Cam to get hit in training camp that does nothing for the pocket collapsing, which has been a recurrent theme throughout camp. Is Cam's footwork as good as it should be? Hell  no. But he's not getting the chance to even work on it due to running for his life constantly.

#139 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

I am not emotionally attached to any player on the Panthers team, well, except for 89 a bit.

I am an accountant by degree. I look at things a bit more business like, thus all the threads over the last few years about not spending on multiple running backs.

No doubt Cam has physical abilities. At the end of the 5 years however, I would judge him not on hype or potential, but on results. Same with any player.

I hope Gettleman runs the team with less emotion and take a results oriented approach to not only RB's but DE's and yes, the QB.

I do not care how much potential a guy has, if we can't get past .500, then move on. AND as dumb as I am, I am not making the "move on" determination just yet. But only mentioning it when folks are already setting aside millions for Cams next contract. I would take the square wheels approach there.

#140 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 706 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

What kind of drugs are you taking?

#141 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

Would love to see Hardy resigned, but if he wants to much we better trade him unlike Peppers. Wouldn't be against trading CJ to keep Hardy instead he is younger. Might take a cap hit though from CJ contract. If we get nothing for Hardy I'm pretty sure we should be in the same category as worse ran organization with the Raiders. Whoever made the comment a out resigning Cam personally don't think u were to far off. Gettleman seems like the type to get rid of him if he doesn't see any kind of improvement or at least shouldn't get the money people are thinking if we don't make the playoffs. Hopefully CJ takes a pay cut & Hardy is willing to work with us to keep this defense dominant for the next 5 yrs. Still getting picks would help complete our team a lot quicker also by adding depth at every position.

#142 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:27 PM

Gettleman will tag Hardy before he lets him walk or trades him for nothing. Hardy will sign a moderate contract or play under the tag next season.

Williams, Stewart, Beason, and Godfrey will be gone next year. Barner/Tolbert will be the backfield next season.

Cam will play out his 5-year rookie deal.

All this crap talking about throwing money at Cam and cutting Hardy next season is hysterical.

#143 SevyDamus

SevyDamus

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Why will Williams be gone he literally cost nothing & if Godfrey has above average year I firmly expect him to restructure. Everyone else I say peace!

#144 Montsta

Montsta

Rest In Peace

• HUDDLER
  • 6,085 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

The Kraken plus Clowney would give the Raiders a pretty solid pair of bookend DE's. damn.

#145 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • 15,151 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

The Kraken plus Clowney would give the Raiders a pretty solid pair of bookend DE's. damn.

In the toxic Raiders environment, Hardy would self destruct. I think he would be a disaster there.

#146 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

In the toxic Raiders environment, Hardy would self destruct. I think he would be a disaster there.

Agreed. Some guys thrive in a small town environment, but with big money and big vices at every turn, the pitfalls would be endless for the Kraken. Probably end up in the pokey which would give a whole new meaning to release.....

#147 kmgreensman

kmgreensman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:17 PM

Too bad Al Davis isn't alive for this deal!  He loves the "Kraken Type"!  Maybe could have gotten a pick or two... I agree, if he is tweeting this type of thing, he is going to want to be paid what CJ is paid and that can't happen.. I dont' think Gettleman would have ever paid CJ what he got. Not saying CJ isn't worth his contract, but I just don't think Gman would have paid it.. I think Alexander can handle it now that we have those two hog mollies in the middle.. Maybe get a good right guard or tackle.. 

#148 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 3,119 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

if Kraken wants a extremely huge contract let him walk or trade him. Frank Alexander would do fine.

#149 Argus Plexus

Argus Plexus

Super Kami Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 5,506 posts
  • LocationCape Fear Area

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:28 PM

I have serious fuging love for Greg Hardy, but please God no more CJ contracts. That was full retard. 

Please not that again  :unsure:

#150 kmgreensman

kmgreensman

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:50 PM

You might have seen this, but found it on youtube..Kraken dunking basketball on 10 foot 3 inch rim.. pretty impressive! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.