Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Hardy wants to get paid.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
160 replies to this topic

#151 ThunderKatt

ThunderKatt

Hello to All my Haters

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

Yea but this personal attack statement is coming from someone that labelled me a troll. What a double standard.

Personal attacks are not allowed in this forum even if thats how you see it.

#152 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:10 PM

so throwing for 3800 yards and 22 TDs is considered a game manager? Flacco attempted 33 passes for over 280 yards and 3 passing TDs in the super bowl. that sounds more then a game manager.

Sounds like Jake Delhomme numbers, at least from his early years with the team.  :)

#153 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

Gettleman will tag Hardy before he lets him walk or trades him for nothing. Hardy will sign a moderate contract or play under the tag next season.

Williams, Stewart, Beason, and Godfrey will be gone next year. Barner/Tolbert will be the backfield next season.

Cam will play out his 5-year rookie deal.

All this crap talking about throwing money at Cam and cutting Hardy next season is hysterical.

• Stewart ain't going anywhere. G-Man has implied that he's The Panthers' feature back.

• As for Beason, he could choose to re-work a new deal with The Panthers if he wishes.

• Godfrey is gone the moment we draft or acquire a safety. Until then, a paycut is coming.

#154 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:18 PM

If Hardy wants to be in the position the Raiders are in tonight (24-0, 2nd quarter) go ahead. Have fun.

Raiders are locked to be the no.1 in the Draft already. Teddy Bridgewater, come one down!

Woodson gotta regret going there. Should've came here.

#155 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Good DEs are something you can actually trade away and get something for....

We already failed that once, Hardy better not just walk....

I've been saying this for a while. Trade him now that his stock is high. Get draft picks or a competent player. O line, WR, whatever makes this team better..

#156 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:28 PM

I've been saying this for a while. Trade him now that his stock is high. Get draft picks or a competent player. O line, WR, whatever makes this team better..

To where? And what would be his value? A 3rd?

I don't think Hardy would draw much interest. Though DE is a position where you can get something in return, it's also a position where team could get in the draft and groom.

#157 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:52 PM

Alexander might make this easy.
Ideally we could move him for a pick or two.

Was just thinking the same thing.

In the next few years we have to pay Cam and Luke.

I like the Kraken and all, but he is no Luke.

I like this conversation.

Can you imagine a day in Panther daily business when we consider the Cap implications versus letting a player walk?

Let's hand DWill, Stew, Beason etc massive contracts because they're good guys we drafted and deserve it. Damn the fact they play positions that don't warrant their Cap Space.

I mean who are we, the frickin' New England Patriots?

See Richard Seymour to the Raiders in his contract year for a Raider #1 Draft pick. The Raiders were forced to sign Seymour long term to a massive contract to retain any value from that trade.

Meanwhile the Pats stockpile another #1 pick.

I gotta stop thinking about this as I'm getting giddy at the possibility our FO could have a clue.

This is a scenerio I could actually see Gettledog doing this season. Trading Hardy for a good vet guard before we have to pay him.

I'd prefer long term and draft picks.

If you think Gettleman isn't weighing paying Cam a record breaking contract against keeping a dominating defense in place then you aren't thinking clearly.

Trying to think the last time a potential Franchise QB was allowed to walk at the end of his rookie contract. I believe we're locked in to Cam through 2020.

#158 nosuchthingasapanther

nosuchthingasapanther

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Trying to think the last time a potential Franchise QB was allowed to walk at the end of his rookie contract. I believe we're locked in to Cam through 2020.

drew brees

#159 jtm

jtm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Panthers fans need to get use to this team being run like a business. Hurney kept fan favorites around and preached loyalty. Gettleman pays for performance and tries to save every nickel he can. Taking care of fan favorites set this franchise back years, get ready for no nonsense negotiating. I hope we resign Hardy, but this conversation is premature until we see what he does this year. He's only had one break out year thus far.

#160 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

I have been thinking the best route to go is to resign Hardy and let CJ play out his contract and then let him go and Frank takes his spot. Hardy and Frank have not reached there full potential yet and wont cost as much as CJ.. I saw some things from Frank the other night that looked like improvements from last year. And by the way, Coach Eric Washington IS THAT DUDE. He is the one we need to keep.

#161 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

I Don't Want To Get Off On A Rant Here But....

HUDDLER

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:24 AM

drew brees

Brees ripped his shoulder and many teams thought his career was over, the Aints got lucky.

The Chargers also had Phillip Rivers groomed and ready to take the helm.......we got Jimmy Claussen.

In his first 5 years behind center Rivers guided the Bolts to 55 Regular Season wins.

Breesus had one great year with the Bolts, other than that his passer rating was sub 90. He became what he is today in New Orleans.