Carolina Panthers

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#11 natty

natty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Beason was on the field and didn't get carried off. That's a riser in my book as well.

IIRC Beason took Vonte Leach head on, bounce him off like he was nothing and made the tackle.  Good things from Beason last night.

#12 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Faller: Mike Mitchell. Fine line between nasty and reckless...

Riser DJ Moore: Has really impressed me during the Preseason...

Those are the two I didn't see mentioned.

#13 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:36 AM

Shula, Shula, and then more Shula.  Any defense that knows what the offense is going to do can make it look silly, and last night it looked like the Ravens knew what we were trying to do on every other play.

#14 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:37 AM

Kurb Edition.

Risers: Luke Kuekley, One of the most dominate performances I have ever seen from a MLB. Worth noting, this could be the best front 7 he has played on in his entire life.

Risers: Frank Alexander, 1 sack, 4 pressures. Exceptional work against the starters and dominate against the scrubs. He could likely be a starter next season.

Risers: Stahhh and Short.  Think a DUO of DT's can win Defensive Rookie of the year?  Star at one point, took a Ravens Starting Guard and threw him to the ground like he was a tackling dummy. Short has a very strong first step and was shooting gaps all night.

Risers: Beason. Came in and made some plays. Looked rusty at times but he should have a solid year.(if...)

Fallers: Everyone on the offensive line not named Ryan Kalil. Bell had his worst performance to date. Gary Williams didn't even know his assignments.  Amini got dinged early and Gross looked old and in need of a competent LG to play next to him. The whole group should be absolutely ashamed of that performance. 

Fallers: Mike Mitchell, continues to make stupid ass plays, continues to get 15 yard flags. 

Fallers: Keilo Pilares and Armond Smith, Kielo doesn't really add any thing and Smith caught a case of dumbass. Both will be cut.

Fallers: Sinoieininon Fua. I didn't think he could get worse. He has. It's amazing. I'd rather have Nick Hayden.

Fallers: WR's not named Ted Ginn and Steve Smith, Ginn makes up for his iff hands returning punts. Steve is steve. Everyone else had drops, poor routes, or both.

#15 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• LocationRaleigh
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

It was hard to impress compared to Luke last night, but Star looked like an absolute man last night. When he gets truly accustomed and comfortable out there, good Lord. 

#16 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Lafell, smdh - I was ready to annoint Gettis as a serious competitor for #2, then he got a drop too.

Garry Williams straight turrible

Star, Short, Frank the Tank, Keek all have the rising stock.  Our secondary still looks lost if we don't get the push up front though.

#17 Pejorative Miscreant

Pejorative Miscreant

Cold Ass Honky

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

My (less than expert and moderately... ok  extremely inebriated ) take on the game and the state of our Panthers. 

• I am overall much more optimistic about this team now.  If Ray Lewis had not retired and was still playing he would have been the 2nd best (speaking of current ability not total body of work so dont blast me) LB on the field.  If the Panthers show up this year in some big games I think that at the end of the year Luke will be regarded as the best MLB in the league and has the potential to carry that torch for a long time.  The defense as a whole seems ready to play and we have some ballers.  Mitchell needs to stop making douche bag plays but if they can somehow harness that the unit will be formidable each and every week.

• The offense is a question mark.  After seeing the first offensive series (most notable Bell being pushed back into Cam resulting in an errant pass) my opinion was reinforced that the OL is by far the weakest link on the team and should be addressed prior to the game with the Seagulls.

• After the Defense took over and the OL being so sucky, I concluded that we would see few if any "non vanilla" offensive plays.  Shula would keep everything conservative and keep the Gulls guessing.

• Overall we appear to have an elite defense and an offense with some potentially elite players that are being hamstrung by a sub-par OL.

I think the there are 3 things we need to do between now and opening day

1. Get Mitchell under control
  2. Get a couple (or three) Offensive Linemen
  3. Scrimmage our subpar OL against our extremely formidable front 7 in hopes of helping them have a crash course so they are not totally overwhelmed in September.

#18 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:51 AM

Riser: my dick when I saw what Keek did last night. I love that man. I'd have his babies. No homo of course.

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• LocationAsheville, NC
SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:57 AM

what was most impressive about star to me is how easy he made it look. He just tossed people aside, if you specifically watch him off the snap. he explodes off the line and surprises the poo out of the o-line. KK was all over the place hustling, slithering by the o-line and making plays as well. This DT tandem is so much fun to watch.

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

I think folks are overreacting a bit about Armond Smith's ejection.

It was quite a little bit overblown of an incident in the first place, and Smith is a versatile player for us.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users