Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zod

Barner over Williams

178 posts in this topic

He was healthy enough to take the field. I'm sure DeAngelo plays while banged up all the time. Oh nevermind he sucks and is perfectly healthy and sucks. Did I mention he is old and that he sucks.

I wouldn't call Stewart's level of injury your standard level of playing with bumps and bruises.

Which is why he didn't practice heading into that season.

Out week 1

Played

Out week 3

7 games then to IR

He was a hurt RB...and Williams wasnt a better option.

Good enough to start during our best stretch of the year after Stewart went down.

Good enough to start during our best stretch of the year after Stewart went down.

Okay....so they preferred to start a hurt Stewart over Williams. Stewart goes to IR. Williams by default gets the rock and doesn't impress overall....unless he plays the worst D in history.

That is good enough? Williams did not run better in that stretch....he ran the same first half of the year as the second half (both Saints games excluded).

Opponents got worse, Cam got better, D got better..... we won. Run game stayed the same

Your right man he sucks. If AP was put in the same crappy running game he would have averaged 27 yards a carry. The other running backs in the offense are not a good barometer since they were hurt so lets just use AP. He is 9 times better. Go look at APs stats without every big run he has. I bet his ypc isnt all that great. You can bend any statistic to fit your agenda.

Your right man he sucks. If AP was put in the same crappy running game he would have averaged 27 yards a carry. The other running backs in the offense are not a good barometer since they were hurt so lets just use AP. He is 9 times better. Go look at APs stats without every big run he has. I bet his ypc isnt all that great. You can bend any statistic to fit your agenda.

See...you aren't even actually talking about our rush attack.

You just want to be a Williams fan. No one said he sucks. His lack of production recently is greatly influenced by our OL and scheme.

I didn't take away Williams good plays....just said look at what he didn't against the NFL last year in his 14 games against teams that didn't boast the worst D in the history of the sport. When you are THAT bad , historically bad, it skews things. Better to look at the rest for a clear picture and 14 game is a very large sample.

AP runs different. Different back. No holes and wouldn't see as many negative runs as Williams recently bc he takes on contact better....

The point of the thread is the poor oline play but you refuse to acknowledge the common ineffectiveness of Stewart last year.

Oh, he was hurt all of last year. He took the damn field. #28 was hurt or dinged up when he ran for 200 yards against the giants. It is silly arguing a point with someone who always have an out. CRA always has an out. #28 struggles and the OL is weak or he was hurt. #34 struggles, he dances too much, he isn't quick to the hole, or my all time fav," he needs a hole." What back can consistently perform well without having a hole? Every back needs a hole. How can you constantly say Deangelo struggled last year and when someone throws Stewart's numbers at you, you say that he was hurt. Or he did just fine in '11. Well, DeAngelo did just fine in '11. #34 struggled out the gate and was the scapegoat last year. So, Rivera made a change and put Stewart in the starting role and featured him and you know what changed in the ground game? Not a damn thing. Did the team start winning after that? Absolutely not. When they changed the running scheme and #34 got an opportunity he started performing at high level again and that isn't coincidental. Until this team find a consistent threat at the #2 receiver spot, the offense will continue to struggle. This isn't about DeAngelo Williams. This isn't about Barnet or any other ball carrier. This is about Steve Smith being the only damn threat on the outside and it hinders the offense. Deangelo will be the main ball carrier until #28 comes back ready to do what he does. Deal with it...

1 person likes this

*Barner

My phone was trying to do that to me as well.

Okay....so they preferred to start a hurt Stewart over Williams. Stewart goes to IR. Williams by default gets the rock and doesn't impress overall....unless he plays the worst D in history.

That is good enough? Williams did not run better in that stretch....he ran the same first half of the year as the second half (both Saints games excluded).

Opponents got worse, Cam got better, D got better..... we won. Run game stayed the same

This is laugh out loud funny.... "Run game stayed the same." Keep banging that drum...

This is laugh out loud funny.... "Run game stayed the same." Keep banging that drum...

The point of the thread is the poor oline play but you refuse to acknowledge the common ineffectiveness of Stewart last year.

Stewart wasn't effective. Never claimed he was. It simply is a fact he struggled to practice or even get on the field bc of injury.....and he was shortly done after finally getting on. That wasn't a healthy version of Stewart.