177 replies to this topic

#91 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

You knew that not very many posters would not openly disagree. No matter what you post, there are going to be a few that are like "Yeah Zod", we are currently bowing. Post D-LO's long hair a showing of his ties to terrorists. Some won't even ask for a source.

Some people on here are either sucking up to Zod/Mods for reputation or are just too afraid to give a common sense opinion bc they're too scare of being banned.

#92 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

MFCEO

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:43 AM

You knew that not very many posters would not openly disagree.  No matter what you post, there are going to be a few that are like "Yeah Zod", we are currently bowing.  Post D-LO's long hair a showing of his ties to terrorists.  Some won't even ask for a source.

You must be new here. Most people take great pride in disagreeing with me.

#93 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yes, my completely level headed and reasonable post backed up by numbers was quite emotional.

DeAngelo Williams, four carries....enough said. Barner......hurt.......enough said.

#94 PntherPryd

PntherPryd

Relic

• LocationWilmington
Moderators

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am worried we may not see J-Stew this season.

just saw this nugget on ESPN insider, dated yesterday just before gametime, had not seen it elsewhere (doesn't mean it hasn't been posted) 

Carolina Panthers running back Jonathan Stewart is scheduled to meet with noted foot doctor Dr. Robert Anderson next week to determine when he might be able to next play after undergoing offseason surgery on both his ankles, a team source told ESPN's Adam Schefter. The Panthers have not given up hope that Stewart could be ready for the opening game, even though he has not practiced with the team this year. But they also do not want to rush him back on the field and set him back any further, which means Stewart easily could wind up missing the first couple of games of the season. 

Still, as one source told Schefter on Thursday in regards to the chances that Stewart plays in the Panthers' regular-season opener: "The first week is going to be close." 

Since he clearly isn't 100 percent, it seems likely that even if he does return to action during the first couple of weeks, it would be in a limited role. That means that DeAngelo Williamsshould be in position to have a big statistical start to the 2013 season. Fantasy owners will want to keep in mind that Williams averaged at least 5.0 yards per carry in four of the past six seasons, and when given the chance to carry a heavy workload back in 2008, he rushed for 1,515 yards and 18 touchdowns on 273 carries. 

There is tremendous upside for Williams in new offensive coordinator Mike Shula's system, which will lean heavily on their rushing attack. His ADP has jumped from the mid-90s to 79 in the past week, and surely will continue to rise until or unless Stewart gets back in the mix. He arguably has a clearer path to success than the likes of Giovani BernardLamar MillerChris Ivory and Montee Ball, all of whom are going earlier in drafts than Williams

#95 Thorrez

Thorrez

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

Honestly I am kind of encouraged by how many Huddlers get what I am saying. I knew it would go over the heads of some, but not very many. Things are looking up :)

You should not have involved the names if you wanted a better football discussion. Should we tell are rbs to:

1. Run hard as soon as possible to at least pick up a little

2. Wait for the blocks to develop and hope for larger gains

You argue for 1 behind the garbage we have up front. Sure, I see you point.

What I do not agree with is this means Barner. It does not mean Williams either. Neither are good "yards after contact in a pile"-backs. Stu is awesome at this (probably the reason he actually made something happen last year) and Tolbert make sense as well.

It is kind of like asking "Should we start Manning or Flacco in a read option offense".

#96 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Four carries is the only necessary statistic because it displays how ridiculous this thread is in two words.

#97 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Read option or not....NFL teams don't use FBs pave the way anymore.

and the read option only runs slow with Williams....the RB who wants his run to go off the tackle rather than in between

The read option runs slow with Chud forcing Cam to hold hands with Williams/Stewart

#98 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

DeAngelo Williams, four carries....enough said. Barner......hurt.......enough said.

Williams been blown up all preseason...you jus third your team to much running him.

Was a common theme last year

#99 xtheronx

xtheronx

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationCharleston, South Carolina
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

Yes, my completely level headed and reasonable post backed up by numbers was quite emotional.

actually .. if you compare numbers .. you would be hurting your argument ..

Barner has no numbers ..

either way .. DWill is going to be the starter

also, there's no "Jake Syndrome" .. which is an easy argument for the DWill naysayers to keep falling back on .. DWill is currently a better option than Barner in ANY situation regardless of fandom or emotion ..

again .. we've seen Barner partially in 3 preseason games against mostly players that will not make it in the NFL .. DWill has proven over and over he can get it done against the best

although I understand what you're saying .. I completely disagree .. at least let Barner play in 1 game that counts before he is named starter

I hope eventually he proves that in certain situations he is better than DWill .. that will mean our team overall will be better

#100 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

The read option runs slow with Chud forcing Cam to hold hands with Williams/Stewart

No one complained when Stewart was healthy in 2011....

it runs different with Wiliams. He isn't what you want if you run that consistantly.

Stewart is released for steady yards. He takes I north and south and goes forward.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Carolina Panthers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users