Photo
- - - - -

Barner over Williams

Carolina Panthers

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
177 replies to this topic

#109 mwright350

mwright350

Thy Jimmies shall be Rustled

SUPPORTER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Take away the Saints game last year and Dwill had a 3.46 yards per carry and 500 yards.

He's good 1 out of every 16 games.

He's not the sole problem...but he is part of the problem

There's the question of whether he even fits what our offense has been doing the last few years.  I don't think he woke up one day and couldn't play football anymore...and he was doing pretty well in yards per carry prior.  It's a possibility that he's just not going to ever fit right with the way the this offense will be run post Fox but we won't know unless they put a decent OL in front of him and try.

#110 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't see why people are saying that D-Will is "clearly" and "obviously" the better back (in space or otherwise). I guess y'all are giving him a veteran's nod or something.

The only thing that he is clearly better at is blocking, which of course is why he is starting right now.

#111 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:13 AM

That statement is a bit silly.

Williams isn't being called out for anything (in fact the things said about him are praise for RBs regarding his patience and willingness to wait for something to develop before he hits a hole). The OL is being called out for being shitty and the question of whether a different back would have more success behind that terrible OL was raised. Agreeing with that (or not, as is the case amongst quite a few people) is just fine and should be expected as opinions differ from person to person.

Saying that the idea attempts to make DWill the scapegoat is just wildly inaccurate.

I agree with you, but believe that this needs to be directed at people altering Williams stats and comparing him to Jake Delhomme.

#112 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:15 AM

In all fairness Stewart averaged 3.6 last year. I didn't take out any good games or long runs he had either.

Just wanted to emphasize the importance of this statistic.

#113 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:16 AM

I agree with you, but believe that this needs to be directed at people altering Williams stats and comparing him to Jake Delhomme.

It isn't altering stats pointing out how he did in the 14 games last year that weren't against the worst defense in the history of the game.

What he was able to do....wasn't impressive

#114 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Basically, poo flows from the O-line to the backfield. Our backs will never reach their potential with the poo that's in front of them. Our damned O-line is constipated.  The septic system is backed up.

#115 xtheronx

xtheronx

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

I don't see why people are saying that D-Will is "clearly" and "obviously" the better back (in space or otherwise). I guess y'all are giving him a veteran's nod or something.

The only thing that he is clearly better at is blocking, which of course is why he is starting right now.

so the only reason DWill is starting over Barner is because he can block better? HA!

#116 CRA

CRA

Moderators

In all fairness Stewart averaged 3.6 last year. I didn't take out any good games or long runs he had either.

He was also hurt all last year....so Williams was about as effective as a hurt RB

#117 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

Just wanted to emphasize the importance of this statistic.

I love how nobody has anything to say about this.

#118 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

HUDDLER

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

so the only reason DWill is starting over Barner is because he can block better? HA!

I didn't say that. However, if Barner could block better, he'd obviously be on the field more.

#119 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:20 AM

He was healthy enough to take the field. I'm sure DeAngelo plays while banged up all the time. Oh nevermind he sucks and is perfectly healthy and sucks. Did I mention he is old and that he sucks.

#120 Guest_FredLane4Ever_*

Guest_FredLane4Ever_*
Guests

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:22 AM

Did I mention DLo averages one yard per carry on all of his runs that were under three yards every other game and that he sucks.