• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:47 AM

What are some reasons to watch the 4th preseason game. Do you think any players can make the squad based on it? Are you interested in anyone in particular thats on the bubble?

#2 NanceUSMC

NanceUSMC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Honestly think I'm more interested in the results (cuts) of the rest of the league's 4th game than I am about ours...  We don't seem to have many surprises hidden on the roster this year, and no real bench battles that are notable to me...  I'm anxious to see who stays and who goes in our WR corps...  Can we carry them all?

#3 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

Quarterback battle between JC and Anderson?

#4 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,392 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:56 AM

There will be battles to get a roster spot, but, I would rather be able to see battles of who might start on the OLine. The talent level is that of guys just barely hanging on above the cut line however.

Not much else to see except maybe a special team guy or two. Half dozen guys have never seen the practice field much less a preseason game, so not sure what we will do with them.

Next week will start to clear up some with the first round of cuts/signings and the 4th game MIGHT be to acclimate some of the new guys to our system, fingers crossed

#5 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,582 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:00 AM

i'm not sure yet.

do the first wave of cuts happen before that game?

#6 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:03 AM

i'm not sure yet.

The first cuts are on Tuesday.

#7 MuMouey

MuMouey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

ESPN and others make it seem like this week is a dating reality show where we must go from 85 players down to 53 with all these spots up for grabs and everyone fighting to hold their ground. In all actuallity, only 4-5 spots max are open. Not interested. Like others have said. It's the other team's cuts that matter most to us

#8 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,173 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

If we lose do we suck? I want to see Shula really open up the play book this week to hopefully show he's not that inept at play calling.

#9 Not Carlos Danger

Not Carlos Danger

Cold Ass Honky

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,341 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Not sure how realistic it is but I would like to watch and see if our newly acquired (via 1st cuts )linemen can play

#10 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 19,718 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

If we lose do we suck? I want to see Shula really open up the play book this week to hopefully show he's not that inept at play calling.

If he is holding his cards, it would be idiotic to show them in the 4th preseason game and give the Seahawks a heads up

#11 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:16 AM

i'm not sure yet.

The first cuts are on Tuesday.

Rivera said they should happen today on the latest panthers.com video even tho deadline is not til Tuesday.

#12 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,494 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

I want to see Clausen play an extended period of time. See some more of Barner. Watch the scrubbies play.

Honestly if there were just a bunch of trained possums playing, if they are wearing the Panthers uniform I am going to watch em.

#13 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,474 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

Really sucks as a fan (especially a psl owner) to have the 1st and 4th preseason games be the home ones.

The 4th game is going to suck since we will only see the starters for 1-2 drives max if at all.

There are some decisions that can be influenced by this game but its just mainly going to be the bottom feeders/ practice squad candidates having 1 last chance to earn a spot.

#14 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,399 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

I will be back in the country and might actually go to this game. I'll gladly pay next to nothing for a ticket to see the scrubs.

#15 AceBoogie

AceBoogie

LiveStrong

• HUDDLER
  • 3,773 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Really sucks as a fan (especially a psl owner) to have the 1st and 4th preseason games be the home ones.

The 4th game is going to suck since we will only see the starters for 1-2 drives max if at all.

There are some decisions that can be influenced by this game but its just mainly going to be the bottom feeders/ practice squad candidates having 1 last chance to earn a spot.

Do like i did and give your 4th ticket away.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.