Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ESPN radio - Luke Kuechly NFCS MVP

55 posts in this topic

Posted

the court of the huddle as already decided that espn is guilty for conspiring against the panthers because they talk about cam struggling

away with you, zod

Posted

We don't like ESPN because they're a joke of a media outlet who long ago shied away from sports journalism and found themselves in the business of stirring up poo, making the most money off of little substance (good business, but bad product, kinda like the sports version of McDonalds)...and they turn mole hills into Mount Everest (unless you are RG3, then you can get away with anything). ESPN doesn't just say Cam is struggling (in the flipping preseason), but they go out of their way to lambast Cam...who is a great guy and legitimate sports role model for children.

2 people like this

Posted

I've been wanting the media to back off Cam and just let him do his thing. I can accept that right now he's just an average QB who is also an incredible athlete. That's fine. And he doesn't have to be a captain, or our team leader either just because he's the QB. Beason, Keek, Smith (grew into it), there are certain guys who are natural leaders, no need to force Cam into that role. But at the same time if the players get the vibe that he's a leader, then so be it.

1 person likes this

Posted

Luke's popularity has blown the fug up since that game against the Ravens the other night.  Like seriously, I'm seeing it everywhere.

Amazing what a great... who am I kidding, DOMINANT performance on primetime does for you.

Seeing a lot of people calling him a possible all-time great, saying he's already better than Willis, etc. when just a couple of months ago all they could say was "Yeah, he's alright I guess but overrated... tackles are a misleading stat".

Glad the rest of the nation finally fuging seen him play.

2 people like this

Posted

Just interesting that the defense is already getting national attention and praise.

A year ago it was Cam Cam Cam. Now he is rarely mentioned.

Luke became a rockstar overnight. Before that game, Kuechly was overrated and Lee, Washington, Bowman, Cushing, David, Wagner, etc were all better than Keek. Now, Luke is a Top 3 LB (some already rank him number one) and will challenge JJ Watt for DPOY.

Imagine that.

3 people like this

Posted

Luke became a rockstar overnight. Before that game, Kuechly was overrated and Lee, Washington, Bowman, Cushing, David, Wagner, etc were all better than Keek. Now, Luke is a Top 3 LB (some already rank him number one) and will challenge JJ Watt for DPOY.

Imagine that.

Yep, I've been seeing it too... and I also saw all the Wagner, Lee, David, etc. dingbats (people who never even fuging saw Luke play) from not so long ago.  I've literally even seen people, non-Panther fans at that, say he's an all-time great talent at the Mike.  It's just funny to see how fast he went from overrated to potential all-time great after one game where people finally saw him play.

Not that I disagree or anything. B)

Posted

Just interesting that the defense is already getting national attention and praise.

A year ago it was Cam Cam Cam. Now he is rarely mentioned.

Just goes to show how nationally televised games play an important role in the media narrative.

3 people like this

Posted

We drafted 2 DT's in the 1st/2nd round to let Luke shine

When are we going to draft WR's and OL to let Cam shine?

7 people like this

Posted

Yep, I've been seeing it too... and I also saw all the Wagner, Lee, David, etc. dingbats (people who never even fuging saw Luke play) from not so long ago. I've literally even seen people, non-Panther fans at that, say he's an all-time great talent at the Mike. It's just funny to see how fast he went from overrated to potential all-time great after one game where people finally saw him play.

Not that I disagree or anything. B)

I know, right?!

It just goes to show you that other fanbases don't know squat when arriving to our team. All that: "tackle stats are inflated... Luke only gets those by jumping on piles..." crap can finally be put to rest. The world got to see Luke dominate the entire first half.

I was shocked to see Raven fans compare him to Ray Lewis though. Prior to that game, it'd be blasphemy.

Posted

Jump on that wagon now.

pie for the ST gif

1 person likes this

Posted

i've got this feeling it will be OL next year. OT in first and second.

i will say that if we start rookies on the OL next year, expect more really bad OL play for a year.

i'll also say we need vets, not newbs unless we're fine with waiting another year or two for cam to shine. rookies rarely don't look horrible when they see significant play time on the OL.i don't care how early they are drafted.

Posted

some other year?

2 people like this