143 replies to this topic

#106 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:33 PM

If Fua is not cut I call for drug testing on coaching staff.

I hope for performance enhancers!

#107 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:47 PM

If Sione Fua is cut, there will only be one player from the Panthers 2011 NFL draft on the roster, and that player is Cam Newton. That's sad.

He should have been cut in this round of cuts. If that SOB makes the roster I will question everything in life.

#108 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:07 PM

Why the hell isn't Fua in the first round cut?

#109 RelaxImaPro

RelaxImaPro

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,359 posts
  • LocationThe Moon

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:08 PM

He should have been cut in this round of cuts. If that SOB makes the roster I will question everything in life.

You can literally tell nearly every time that bastard is in the game without even having to look at jerseys.  As soon as we consistently start getting gashed for 10-15 or so yards then that's usually a good sign that mother fuger Fua is out there.

Then you check the field and see some 300 lb Jimmy Snuka looking reject sprawled out on his back like a woman on her honeymoon.  Yep, Sione Fua.

#110 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,902 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:15 PM

I'm willing to bet that Rivera keeps Fua

#111 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

Players whom are released during the first waive of cuts don't generally get asked to come join the practive squad.  Nobody get their hopes up on any of these players that were relased today.  They were first waive cuts for a reason.

#112 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:34 PM

Players whom are released during the first waive of cuts don't generally get asked to come join the practive squad. Nobody get their hopes up on any of these players that were relased today. They were first waive cuts for a reason.

Not always. Sometimes the numbers work in a way where you need bodies for the last game.

Fua is a last game body, which is why he wasn't cut. We are also holding onto many DB's to fight out that last spot so we could have let someone slightly more talented go who had little chance of making the roster.

#113 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:38 PM

Not always. Sometimes the numbers work in a way where you need bodies for the last game.

Fua is a last game body, which is why he wasn't cut. We are also holding onto many DB's to fight out that last spot so we could have let someone slightly more talented go who had little chance of making the roster.

I can see some logic to that.  However, I'd bet $50 that we don't keep any players on our practifce squad that were cut today.  Ngezwu was cut over Roh, whom also will more than likely be cut.  It appears evident that we like Roh more than Ngezwu.  If a DE gets the practie squad, I think it's Roh.

#114 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,233 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:44 PM

I can see some logic to that. However, I'd bet $50 that we don't keep any players on our practifce squad that were cut today. Ngezwu was cut over Roh, whom also will more than likely be cut. It appears evident that we like Roh more than Ngezwu. If a DE gets the practie squad, I think it's Roh.

Could also be roh showed flashes, but not as much as nzegwa. They are giving him one more game to see if they missed something.
We just never know.

#115 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Pilares could have been a good weapon. I'm really disappointed he didn't make it.

#116 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:47 PM

Could also be roh showed flashes, but not as much as nzegwa. They are giving him one more game to see if they missed something.
We just never know.

I forgot to mention Horton, who has also shown flashes at DE.  There is too much evidence that Negwzu won't be making our PS. 

#117 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:00 PM

I forgot to mention Horton, who has also shown flashes at DE. There is too much evidence that Negwzu won't be making our PS.

What evidence? He's been one of our better pass rushers in the preseason. In fact, he's got 8-9 QB pressures with 3 sacks.

#118 Lout

Lout

Draft Guru

• HUDDLER
  • 2,417 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:08 PM

What evidence? He's been one of our better pass rushers in the preseason. In fact, he's got 8-9 QB pressures with 3 sacks.

The evidence..?  #1, we cut him over 2 other UDFA DE's (Roh and Horton), and #2, he was a first round cut.  What more evidence do you need?  I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.. but geez, you don't call that evidence?

#119 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

The evidence..? #1, we cut him over 2 other UDFA DE's (Roh and Horton), and #2, he was a first round cut. What more evidence do you need? I'll eat crow if I'm wrong.. but geez, you don't call that evidence?

That's not evidence. That's referred to as 'speculation' (like the rest of us doing).

The fact is Nzegwu has been a decent DE. Now whatever the case may be, we'll find out what The Panthers thought of him when preseason comes to an end.

#120 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 August 2013 - 04:21 PM

By the by, Nzegwu has a 3.3+ pass-rushing rating this preseason. One of the highest across the league (best on our team).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com