• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#61 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

I am with SCP--I watched the WSSU game and saw a lumbering sloth.

#62 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

RT seems like a bigger need to me than OG, PFF stats show Cam is often inaccurate when pressure is coming from his right side, I suppose because he can actually see it, versus his blind side.

#63 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • 13,403 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:20 PM

Hell its not like we can get any worse, Kug is the most athletic out of all the interior linemen. It would be great if he could step right in and at least be serviceable.

I would argue Amini is the most athletic.

#64 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,448 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:55 PM

what would you say the percentages are on this?

100% on not knowing what you are asking. Percentage of what? Us getting an O-lineman that can help us after cuts, is pretty low. Percentage of Kugzilla being able to help us, pretty high. Percentage of Huddlers that believe Kug can help us, is pretty low. Percentage of Huddlers who respond without putting any time or effort into their posts, is very high.

Honestly, I don't know myself. I try to stay away from predictions. But the kid is a beast. If anyone can do it, I am hoping this kid can. If he knows his assignments, has paid attention and gotten his mental reps, listened and learned, he has a shot. I can live with that.

But then again, I ain't as cynical and negative as some folks round here. I guess I just enjoy being a Panther fan and don't worry about all those things some folks seem to get so worked up over.

Oh, and GOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#65 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 4,484 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:57 PM

I just want to let u guys know that i took the Panthers Defense/Special Teams in my one and only Fantasy league (for money) as my starting group in the 14th round in a 14 team league..

steal? i think so..

#1 defense... u feel me?

Panthers, AND Hornet's Nest ( my team) commin out of nowhere this year

#66 sanjay_rajput

sanjay_rajput

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  • Locationstarkville, ms

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:15 PM

Guys he was drafted by us in the 4th round and that was a "overreach" ......we could have drafted higher or picked a player from D-I school. Instead coaches and GM believed in Kugbila to solve our O-line problems

6'4" 325 lbs he has the build and the athleticism to play RG..but the important thing that goes in hand to his physical ability is that he has "football instincts" to play in the NFL

#67 redbuddha

redbuddha

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • LocationCentral Alabama

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

I just want to let u guys know that i took the Panthers Defense/Special Teams in my one and only Fantasy league (for money) as my starting group in the 14th round in a 14 team league..

steal? i think so..

#1 defense... u feel me?

Panthers, AND Hornet's Nest ( my team) commin out of nowhere this year

In your league how many points would they have last week?

#68 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:55 PM

100% on not knowing what you are asking. Percentage of what? Us getting an O-lineman that can help us after cuts, is pretty low. Percentage of Kugzilla being able to help us, pretty high. Percentage of Huddlers that believe Kug can help us, is pretty low. Percentage of Huddlers who respond without putting any time or effort into their posts, is very high.

It is easy to fall victim to peer pressure here. About a month ago I suggested that David Gettis was in the mix.  I was cyber raped with verbiage unbecoming of a gentleman of my ilk.

#69 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• HUDDLER
  • 15,400 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:13 PM

Honestly, I don't know myself. I try to stay away from predictions. But the kid is a beast. If anyone can do it, I am hoping this kid can. If he knows his assignments, has paid attention and gotten his mental reps, listened and learned, he has a shot. I can live with that.

But then again, I ain't as cynical and negative as some folks round here. I guess I just enjoy being a Panther fan and don't worry about all those things some folks seem to get so worked up over.

Oh, and GOOOOOOOOO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The cynical among you will say no, this ain't gonna work. The rest of us will say, hey, maybe this kid is for real. Some kids do come into the league ready to perform. Hopefully, Kugzilla is one of those.

you say that like there are only "cynics", and "the rest of us" who say "hey"...   You have these people in your head like you're out to win some contrived war raging on this virtual battlefield..

a 4th round pick is very likely to take 2-3 years to really develop.  You call that a cynic?  that's quite cynical of you, actually. 

it's called being realistic, and yes, it's not just a term masquerading as a pessimist...  it's simply an honest appraisal of reality.

There are posts which require a certain amount of effort that accomplish a goal.  The energy required is often unwarranted 95% of the time.

Then there are posts given much effort all the time and all you read is "I'm filled with hope!" "you're a cynic!" "GOOO CATSS!!"..  

#70 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,980 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:20 PM

yea i was impressed. I think SCP doesn't like this guy at all.

Kug might be thrown into the fire. But i was watching the lions/patriots game. we need to pick up one of their guard cuts.

Did you see some that looked decent?  (what lead you to this statement?) I would love to see a list of teams that are rich at certain positions so we could beg for them.

I was not impressed either, but I think sometimes we expect an NFL talent on the DII level to be throwing around others like the Hulk. He did not seem to do much, but he rarely had a man on him. 

#71 NotForMyHaters

NotForMyHaters

NEWB

• NEWB
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:23 PM

Sure we are past draft mode but he is a direct result of that draft mode..what else do we have to compare him to?  This thread was specifically about him, no one else, and your sarcastic and idiotic comment was not necessary.

Not technically a personal attack..just talked about the comment made by your account. 

Yeah but we are past draft mode now. We have seen our other draft picks against NFL talent already.

Kug is a complete unknown at this point. God we better hope he can ball.

#72 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

• HUDDLER
  • 4,304 posts
  • LocationShelby

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

Anyone ever figure out how Kubby did?  Today at practice?  That is the point of this thread, right?

#73 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:38 PM

One thing about Kugbila is his age. He's very young isn't he? Could explain why we are bringing him along slowly. Prospect.

#74 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,969 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

Did you see some that looked decent? (what lead you to this statement?) I would love to see a list of teams that are rich at certain positions so we could beg for them.

I was not impressed either, but I think sometimes we expect an NFL talent on the DII level to be throwing around others like the Hulk. He did not seem to do much, but he rarely had a man on him.

http://www.carolinah...ill-we-pick-up/

#75 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,587 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:53 PM

@Panthers: Blackburn, Hixon, Munnerlyn, Adams, and Kugbila are practicing today. http://t.co/qHhGrpJzZB

I hope that SOB plays Thursday so we can see if he has any talent worth hoping will develop.

I don't need to see him play this week to know he has talent.
He has talent.
I just don't expect him to be the answer to anything but talented depth at this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com