Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam and his accuracy issues.

Best Answer teeray, 25 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Also will add that Cam is very accurate, even with pressure when he steps up in the pocket. The Ravens did a good job of getting interior push which at times forces Cam to throw flat footed or off his back foot. All QBs will struggle with accuracy when that happens.

As a matter of fact Cam is so strong he can get away with doing that more than most other QBs in the league.

The two things I really would like to see Cam improve on is making quicker decisions and sliding left or right inside the pocket. Both of those things will come as he gets more experience.

People should also realize that even though this will be his third season he is still a little green. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,831 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

Does, or does he not have them? I believe he does. Some of it is partly because of other players mistiming or what have you but I do believe most of it is because of his mechanics. Throwing off his back foot. Making balls sail sky high. He has a rocket arm. The thing is he can improve. He actually has. It's consistency that he lacks. I have also noticed he is just horrid in the preseason. It's the truth. Not going to sugar coat it or have a "he can't do any wrong" perception of him. Anyway. Discuss.

#2 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,449 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

no.

#3 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,637 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

The thing is he can improve. He actually has. It's consistency that he lacks.

Said everybody about every quarterback ever.

/thread.

#4 BANE

BANE

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationCollege

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Rather him stink it up in the preseason than during the regular season.

He could definitely improve, but so could the weapons around him. Mainly his O Line. Even when they are actually holding off the defense(which seems to be a rarity) it seems as though Cam is still uncomfortable, which isnt hard to fathom considering they rarely do their job well. It's almost as though he is always expecting them to fail, thats getting in his head and causing issues. He needs to trust the guys a bit more(i know, easier said than done) and thatll prob go a long way to helping him out.

#5 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,254 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

I've just accepted that Cam won't please everybody with his accuracy 'concerns' until he goes 32 for 32 in every game he plays in. It's true for any fanbase that has a young franchise QB. If you think the grass is greener on the other side, I suggest you visit Seahawk blogs after last night's game.

#6 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • 4,835 posts

Bridgewater

#7 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,831 posts
  • LocationNC

Said everybody about every quarterback ever.

/thread.

Jets, Jags, Bears, Cards, Titans fans say hello.

#8 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

It is too late in the night to get into all the specific stats and analysis but in a word... no.

Does he miss some throws? Yes. But if every throw was perfect he would be perfect and he is not perfect nor is any QB perfect..... perfect (just wanted to use that word one more time).

I think people think that because when he does miss, he has a tendency to miss spectacularly.

Last year he was second in comp% of passes that traveled over 20 yards in the air and threw way more if those passes than anyone in the NFL.

Part of a vertical passing game is throwing lower % passes. So 57% or so comp% is fine in this offense.

#9 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:48 AM

Jets, Jags, Bears, Cards, Titans fans say hello.

I would argue bears

#10 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:49 AM

But can he get better? Absolutely.

#11 amcoolio

amcoolio

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

He's missed at least 5 wide open receivers this preseason, some of them simple throws.

Its concerning. He needs to be nailing these throws in his 3rd season...hopefully he comes out of it like his rookie year preseason

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

The real problem is Shula's lack of vertical play calling.

#13 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

n/m

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,362 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

He's missed at least 5 wide open receivers this preseason, some of them simple throws.

Its concerning. He needs to be nailing these throws in his 3rd season...hopefully he comes out of it like his rookie year preseason

List those throws please

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 14,982 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I hate to sound like a broken record but we really should wait until the regular season until we make any true critiques about play calling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com