Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam and his accuracy issues.

Best Answer teeray, 25 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Also will add that Cam is very accurate, even with pressure when he steps up in the pocket. The Ravens did a good job of getting interior push which at times forces Cam to throw flat footed or off his back foot. All QBs will struggle with accuracy when that happens.

As a matter of fact Cam is so strong he can get away with doing that more than most other QBs in the league.

The two things I really would like to see Cam improve on is making quicker decisions and sliding left or right inside the pocket. Both of those things will come as he gets more experience.

People should also realize that even though this will be his third season he is still a little green. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#11 amcoolio

amcoolio

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

He's missed at least 5 wide open receivers this preseason, some of them simple throws.

Its concerning. He needs to be nailing these throws in his 3rd season...hopefully he comes out of it like his rookie year preseason

#12 Gabeking

Gabeking

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:50 AM

The real problem is Shula's lack of vertical play calling.

#13 Gabeking

Gabeking

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:51 AM

n/m

#14 Gabeking

Gabeking

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:53 AM

He's missed at least 5 wide open receivers this preseason, some of them simple throws.

Its concerning. He needs to be nailing these throws in his 3rd season...hopefully he comes out of it like his rookie year preseason

List those throws please

#15 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

SUPPORTER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:54 AM

I hate to sound like a broken record but we really should wait until the regular season until we make any true critiques about play calling.

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

That's complete bullshit. First of all it's predicated on any of our WRs besides Smith actually getting wide open, so you know it's crap right off the bat.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• LocationKurby
HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

YES HE DOES! Don't blame the protection even though it sucks. It has nothing to do with him missing wide open receivers and sailing passes constantly from game to game.

Pretty humorous seeing Huddlers bashing Russell Wilson for his accuracy after 3 quarters of a preseason game, but are in denial that Cam has issues. If Cam was a rookie, I wouldn't be stressing about it, but this is Cam' s third season. I have not seen any improvements.

#18 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• PipPipPipPip
  • LocationConcord, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

cam is never going to be a high completion percentage guy. his best attribute is his deep ball and intermediate throws. he tends to lose accuracy on the touch throws and the short throws. 

With this years o-line, i would have him in shotgun more often. he is better from the shotgun anyway. 

#19 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

Keep Pounding...all the way to...the draft! :D

• LocationNC
SUPPORTER

I would argue bears

Um Jay Cutler is the epitome of inaccurate and or inconsistent.

#20 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

SUPPORTER

Cam rookie year.. Everybody cried preseason about accuracy... First game broke the passing record...

We just don't pull the plays out this early.. And Can waits till the season to turn it on. Its either one or both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users