Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Cam and his accuracy issues.

Best Answer teeray, 25 August 2013 - 01:10 AM

Also will add that Cam is very accurate, even with pressure when he steps up in the pocket. The Ravens did a good job of getting interior push which at times forces Cam to throw flat footed or off his back foot. All QBs will struggle with accuracy when that happens.

As a matter of fact Cam is so strong he can get away with doing that more than most other QBs in the league.

The two things I really would like to see Cam improve on is making quicker decisions and sliding left or right inside the pocket. Both of those things will come as he gets more experience.

People should also realize that even though this will be his third season he is still a little green. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#16 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,645 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

He's missed at least 5 wide open receivers this preseason, some of them simple throws.

That's complete bullshit. First of all it's predicated on any of our WRs besides Smith actually getting wide open, so you know it's crap right off the bat.

#17 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:56 AM

YES HE DOES! Don't blame the protection even though it sucks. It has nothing to do with him missing wide open receivers and sailing passes constantly from game to game.

Pretty humorous seeing Huddlers bashing Russell Wilson for his accuracy after 3 quarters of a preseason game, but are in denial that Cam has issues. If Cam was a rookie, I wouldn't be stressing about it, but this is Cam' s third season. I have not seen any improvements.

#18 carolinanimal

carolinanimal

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  • LocationConcord, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:57 AM

cam is never going to be a high completion percentage guy. his best attribute is his deep ball and intermediate throws. he tends to lose accuracy on the touch throws and the short throws. 

With this years o-line, i would have him in shotgun more often. he is better from the shotgun anyway. 

#19 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,778 posts
  • LocationNC

I would argue bears

Um Jay Cutler is the epitome of inaccurate and or inconsistent.

#20 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,755 posts

Cam rookie year.. Everybody cried preseason about accuracy... First game broke the passing record...

We just don't pull the plays out this early.. And Can waits till the season to turn it on. Its either one or both.

#21 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:58 AM

The real problem is Shula's lack of vertical play calling.

Shula isn't the one sailing passes and missing open receivers.

#22 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:00 AM

I really believe this has a big deal to why we don't see Cam throw the slant or an easy fade route in the endzone to 89.

The slant and fade route were two deadliest route we used to ran with 89 when Jake was here. I'm smh why we can't do this now.

#23 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

Jets, Jags, Bears, Cards, Titans fans say hello.

Jets - Mark Sanchez: Went to back to back AFC Championship games his first two years in the league.

Jags - Blaine Gabbert: Who other than idiot draft guru's on ESPN had him pegged as anything but a project at best?

Bears - Jay Cutler: Up and down QB, yes inconsistent, but has had success.

Cardinals: They haven't been poo since Kurt Warner left. Stop stock piling awful quarterbacks.

Titans: Who gives a poo?

#24 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:01 AM

YES HE DOES! Don't blame the protection even though it sucks. It has nothing to do with him missing wide open receivers and sailing passes constantly from game to game.

Pretty humorous seeing Huddlers bashing Russell Wilson for his accuracy after 3 quarters of a preseason game, but are in denial that Cam has issues. If Cam was a rookie, I wouldn't be stressing about it, but this is Cam' s third season. I have not seen any improvements.

Zero touchdowns and two interceptions is Chuck's idea of "great accuracy".

Yet he strolls around here typing in all caps with exclamation points that Cam isn't accurate.

#25 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:03 AM

That's complete bullshit. First of all it's predicated on any of our WRs besides Smith actually getting wide open, so you know it's crap right off the bat.

This behavior of 'should we be worried' is quite contagious. Apparently, something is wrong with Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kaepernick, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, etc because of sailing passes and missed opportunities.

#26 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:04 AM

Zero touchdowns and two interceptions is Chuck's idea of "great accuracy".

Yet he strolls around here typing in all caps with exclamation points that Cam isn't accurate.

I had this convo with you already. You already managed to locked two threads in a day. Please don't make it three.

Keep denying. That's what you're best at anyway.

#27 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 18,235 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

This behavior of 'should we be worried' is quite contagious. Apparently, something is wrong with Peyton Manning, Russell Wilson, Aaron Rodgers, Colin Kaepernick, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, etc because of sailing passes and missed opportunities.

But, I don't see them sailing passes. Failed.

#28 IGSaint

IGSaint

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

Why is this topic being brought up again? Even Qbs that have taken their team to the playoffs and have wons superbowls still have accuracy issues. This fanbase is really blowing cam's issues out of the water.

#29 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,400 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:07 AM

I had this convo with you already. You already managed to locked two threads in a day. Please don't make it three.

Keep denying. That's what you're best at anyway.

Figured you would dodge that.

#30 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,860 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:08 AM

But, I don't see them sailing passes. Failed.

Maybe because YOU FAIL?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com