Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MHS831

"Big men allow you to compete,"--Dave Gettlemen

94 posts in this topic

We have been building Rome since 2008.  What is your point?  Wait til next year?

We are close THIS year.  A RT is about all we need  to compete if our D stays healthy.  One player--and we sit on $16 million in cap room.

And you want to wait until 2014.

Kinda hard to build when you have an incompetent GM (Hurney). I have full confidence in Getts. 

We are gonna compete regardless if we bring in any OL help thanks to a good defense. I mean unless Shula lays a complete EGG. He atleast has Chuds playbook so I am hoping for atleast average playcalling. 

I want us to use our left over money and sign OL after cuts are made. Temporary bandages until we can do more next offseason. 

1 person likes this

how do people keep saying we've been building since 2008, through all the bad drafting, and never once acknowledge our CURRENT GM IS IN HIS FIRST YEAR?!?  lol

4 people like this

I have lost at least four IQ points by reading the comments in this thread. May god have mercy on your souls.

2 people like this

I have lost at least four IQ points by reading the comments in this thread. May god have mercy on your souls.

pretty much...

I can't help but to wonder how far along we'd be now if we hired Gettleman in 2009 when we should've gotten rid of Hurney and Fox and started over

Kinda hard to build when you have an incompetent GM (Hurney). I have full confidence in Getts. 

We are gonna compete regardless if we bring in any OL help thanks to a good defense. I mean unless Shula lays a complete EGG. He atleast has Chuds playbook so I am hoping for atleast average playcalling. 

I want us to use our left over money and sign OL after cuts are made. Temporary bandages until we can do more next offseason. 

I see your point. Agree about Hurney too.  I imagine John Fox thinks this is the most dysfunctional place on earth.

Its not so much about finding impact o linemen, its more about finding people better than what we have. I think we will be ok with serviceable guys.

Make a trade. 

While we do not have much to offer,  it is time to get serious about RT.  Or you can spend all of that cap room on a mediocre QB, someone for Cam to watch from the rehab tub. 

So we need to make a trade with someone to get a starting quality RT/RG even though we don't have anything really tradeable that we could part with.   Makes sense.