Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"Big men allow you to compete,"--Dave Gettlemen

95 posts in this topic

Posted

I can't help but to wonder how far along we'd be now if we hired Gettleman in 2009 when we should've gotten rid of Hurney and Fox and started over

Posted

Kinda hard to build when you have an incompetent GM (Hurney). I have full confidence in Getts. 

We are gonna compete regardless if we bring in any OL help thanks to a good defense. I mean unless Shula lays a complete EGG. He atleast has Chuds playbook so I am hoping for atleast average playcalling. 

I want us to use our left over money and sign OL after cuts are made. Temporary bandages until we can do more next offseason. 

I see your point. Agree about Hurney too.  I imagine John Fox thinks this is the most dysfunctional place on earth.

Posted

Ron Rivera says #Panthers will determine if they will look outside organization for O-line help after Thursday's game vs. #Steelers.

https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/371383812388691968

Did nobody see this?

Posted

Its not so much about finding impact o linemen, its more about finding people better than what we have. I think we will be ok with serviceable guys.

Posted

Make a trade. 

While we do not have much to offer,  it is time to get serious about RT.  Or you can spend all of that cap room on a mediocre QB, someone for Cam to watch from the rehab tub. 

So we need to make a trade with someone to get a starting quality RT/RG even though we don't have anything really tradeable that we could part with.   Makes sense.

Posted

So we need to make a trade with someone to get a starting quality RT/RG even though we don't have anything really tradeable that we could part with.   Makes sense.

Exactly. This thread and some of the comments = Fail

Posted

Record this somewhere:

WE WILL BRING IN AT LEAST 2 O-LINEMAN BEFORE THE SEATTLE GAME

If I am wrong, I change my avatar to anything that anyone suggests.  1,100 football players are about to hit FA.  I large number of those will be o-line, and a handful will be better than our current depth, or even our starters.

2 people like this

Posted

Did you read the entire post?

Who says we have nothing we can part with--you?

How many RBs do we have who could make this roster? (A: 5)

How many DEs? (A: 5)

You may not WANT to give them up, but sometimes you need to spread the talent around.  Does that make sense?

Posted

Record this somewhere:

WE WILL BRING IN AT LEAST 2 O-LINEMAN BEFORE THE SEATTLE GAME

If I am wrong, I change my avatar to anything that anyone suggests.  1,100 football players are about to hit FA.  I large number of those will be o-line, and a handful will be better than our current depth, or even our starters.

I am with you. I will use a richard simmons ava--no wait, taken.  :D I will use this: (Petting zoo my arse)

post-5299-0-58226800-1377443463_thumb.jp

Posted

The Jets and Bills are looking at QB's.  They might bite on pickles for a guy.  I think just a guy is all we can hope for.

Posted

2 OL that make the active roster? That IMO actually is a pretty bold statement..

I hope you are right...