Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Colt McCoy expected to be released today

61 posts in this topic

Posted

I am sick of people ragging on Jimmy Clausen. He was throw into the fire on Coach Fox lame duck year. Shoot Cam keep throwing like he has he wont be in the league long. Vince Young anyone ?

Tis the nature of our fans and this board. We need only look back at how Dan Morgan was treated by members of this community to understand that the majority of folks here have no class, decency, or understanding of anything beyond following the trend that rules the day...which in this case was the crap on JC bandwagon.

I will never forget the folks here who were talking smack even about his mother, someone whom some said should regret even giving birth to him. I mean seriously....who does that to a player (regardless of their ability) of their own team?

simply trash

6 people like this

Posted

I am sick of people ragging on Jimmy Clausen. He was throw into the fire on Coach Fox lame duck year. Shoot Cam keep throwing like he has he wont be in the league long. Vince Young anyone ?

Jimmy is that you?

3 people like this

Posted

I agree with those who said Clausen was thrown in and he was in over his head.  Problem has been that I have never really seen him tread water.  I can't imagine how we would be any better if he came back.  Sad really.  I have been looking for the spark for years.

Posted

dude, what've you been smoking if you think this is a good idea.

Posted

I agree with those who said Clausen was thrown in and he was in over his head.  Problem has been that I have never really seen him tread water.  I can't imagine how we would be any better if he came back.  Sad really.  I have been looking for the spark for years.

Jimmy didnt live up to expectations..that for sure. That said, NO player on our team deserves the same kind of outright hatred and disdain he has gotten from people here..certainly not from people who claim to love the team.

He may never [produce the spark for our team or any other, but with that said he IS a member of our team, did face a difficult situation....didnt complain or mope on the sidelines about his situation, and has steadily improved over the time. He likely will never be starting caliber for any team in this league, but at the end of the day he does have an NFL contract..something thousands of football players across the country wish they could say, and at a minimum deserves respect for that (or at least, deserves not to be treated like gutter trash by low class so called fans)

3 people like this

Posted

All you Clausen nut-huggers might want to remember he was a 1st round pick at #16 and you don't get drafted that high and not expected to play right away...

Julius Peppers get to sit and watch for a year?

Luke take his rookie year off?

Jonathon Stewart?

Otah?

Posted

All you Clausen nut-huggers might want to remember he was a 1st round pick at #16 and you don't get drafted that high and not expected to play right away...

Jonathon Stewart?

Otah?

Did Clausen sit out his rookie season? He didnt perform...sure. But he sure as hell didnt sit out his rookie season. 2 concussions prove that.

Posted

Jonathon Stewart?

Otah?

Clausen was a 2nd round pick.  QBs taken in the 2nd are usually looked at as guys who need a year to develop. I dislike Jimmy just as much as the next guy but he never really was given a fair shot. He was thrown into the fire with rookie wideouts and an all pro receiver who hated his guts. He's shown no improvement over the years but we didn't really even give him a decent chance to succeed in his rookie year.

Realistically Jimmy should be remembered as one of the biggest busts of all time. People were touting him as a future superstar and the next Kurt Warner. Hell, there was even a debate on whether he should be taken at #1 instead of Sam Bradford. The only reason he fell as far as he did is because at that time not a lot of teams were looking for QBs.

Posted

Umm, that's kinda what I was saying. You get drafted that high as a position player, you're gonna be expected to play right away. All the other players listed were also high picks who were expected to play as well (and they did) - why would Clausen be any different?

Posted

If Cam gets hurt we're fugged. DA, Clausen, Colt, none of them are surviving behind this OL. I hope Cam can.

Posted

God no, wouldnt mind Visanthe Shiancoe on a 1 year deal though...

Posted

Jonathon Stewart?

Otah?

I may be reading this wrong, but are you saying that Clausen was a 1st round pick at #16?