Photo
- - - - -

And just like that, Kugbila isn't practicing today

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
104 replies to this topic

#91 jtnc

jtnc

Resident Asshole

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:00 AM

He'll likely go on PUP like Gettis last year.

#92 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 12:08 AM

Next off season has to be focused on the oline. FAs and draft. Stock up on big nasty talented olinemen please. Enough of these small school nobody wussies

Sent from my SCH-I545 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#93 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:58 AM

I can't believe how many people blindly defend a 4th round project pick when we only had 5 picks to play with. When teams like the 49ers and Packers have 10+ picks each, they can fug around with a DII guy who shined at the combine. They have the luxury of developing a guy. Our head coach is even hesitant to say he's the potential answer at G, stopping at saying he likes some of the skills Kugbilla has. It takes a tough SOB to play oline in the league, so strike one against him for toughness in my book. Continue to defend on blind optimism, I want to see it before I believe it.

#94 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

I voiced my opinion on this draft selection when it happened and I am sticking to it.  I hope the kid gets his act together and eventually becomes a starter on our team, however, using a 4th round draft pick on him was a mistake.  

http://www.carolinah...dfa-in-the-4th/

#95 xclr82xtc

xclr82xtc

Battle of the Cats Fan

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:34 AM

he looks lazy on tape.. i dont have much hope.

#96 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I can't believe all the sht that is being talked about this guy when we've hardly seen him play. Maybe the guy is actually hurt? You assume because he's big and black that he's another Otah. Give him a chance. I think the team is going to give him all the time he needs to heal because right now we don't have enough bodies.

#97 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

I can't believe all the sht that is being talked about this guy when we've hardly seen him play. Maybe the guy is actually hurt? You assume because he's big and black that he's another Otah. Give him a chance. I think the team is going to give him all the time he needs to heal because right now we don't have enough bodies.

They just switched his jersey number from 70 to 79 so Wharton could take 70. That is just too damn funny.

#98 SIGCHI222

SIGCHI222

the illustrious potentate

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

It appears from all accounts that Barret is not the player many thought he could be.  Serviceable at many positions in college but he has struggled at the next level.  Prime-time college game with everyone watching made many believe he was something he is not from all accounts.

#99 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

They just switched his jersey number from 70 to 79 so Wharton could take 70. That is just too damn funny.

and 79 was Otah's number...can't make this poo up.

#100 carolinarolls

carolinarolls

Mel's brother Del

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Can someone tell me why we always end up drafting one of these "project" player ovier prospects who are considered NFL ready?

The entire league does that.

Part of it. I don't think we do it considerably more or less than anyone else. Outside of round one ( most of time) they are all projects

#101 KendrickPanther

KendrickPanther

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:51 AM

Kugbila will be our Steve McNair. Never practices, shows up on Sunday.

#102 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

Kugbila will be our Steve McNair. Never practices, shows up on Sunday.

We already have one of those (#28).

#103 Rubi

Rubi

Squid Smasher

HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm predicting this guy won't even make it 3 years on this team. He will be gone before then. Quote me

#104 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

Administrators

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I can't believe how many people blindly defend a 4th round project pick when we only had 5 picks to play with. When teams like the 49ers and Packers have 10+ picks each, they can fug around with a DII guy who shined at the combine. They have the luxury of developing a guy. Our head coach is even hesitant to say he's the potential answer at G, stopping at saying he likes some of the skills Kugbilla has. It takes a tough SOB to play oline in the league, so strike one against him for toughness in my book. Continue to defend on blind optimism, I want to see it before I believe it.

I defend draft picks until they completely bust out. See: Fua. 

The Number of picks was likely irrelevant to Gettleman as he has a longer leash than out expectations and Rivera's job. There was even a talk about how he told Rivera "I'm taking short if he is there" about doubling down on DT's. He could have easily not done that, taken OL or WR and likely had more of a stop gap offense/defense. Instead he took 2 DT's for a long term DLine fix. 

Rivera and the FO never really say if anyone is anything unless they aren't   
Rivera last week "We want to see the guys behind Gary Williams, they are capable, yada yada yada". This week we sign Wharton.

Hammy's are weird, Kug has wanted to play, Otah didn't want to play. Kid gets a longer leash from me. :)

#105 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 02:31 PM

Well that's why i believe the first two picks where DG, and the Kug was RR. Just like RR was part of the Amini pick.I would think if Kug is a bust, that will be the last time that poo happens, that's if RR is still around to have a say next year.