Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Carolina Panthers Shifting the Line

60 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I think a pairing of Amini and Bell....is something RR is too smart to attempt. Cam would get killed

Posted · Report post

Mark my words,Kug won't help this line much if at all this year. Next week we will see who else they can bring in to try and put together a serviceable oline this season. The big T helps, the right side needs the help bad.I wouldn't mess with the left side and start a whole new learning curve for Amini. Don't fix what isn't totally F##### up, fix what is.

Posted · Report post

Amini and bell on the same side is frightening, just be blown pass pro every other play

Posted · Report post

Amini and bell on the same side is frightening, just be blown pass pro every other play

Amini would be better at RG at the moment, me thinks. Wharton had good chemistry with Kalil and Gross. It's worth experimenting on. Cam is getting killed now anyways.

Posted · Report post

I would put Wharton on the right side before I moved Amini.  It seems he is just learning the left side.  Putting him on the right side would make him have to start all over again.  Wharton is a vet who could play multiple places.

Posted · Report post

I think I would toy with Wharton and bell and leave Gross and Amini alone. The left side of our line is not the problem at the moment.

Posted · Report post

if silatolu hadn't tweaked a hammy i'd be all for running some plays with him at RG to see how gross/wharton look, but it seems we no longer have that luxury.

this doesn't exclude the possibility of making a switch a few games down the road into the season, however. if we're able to find a solid right tackle that can play better than bell and wharton is notably better at LG next to gross then i think the staff would be willing to experiment with a shift.

Posted · Report post

if silatolu hadn't tweaked a hammy i'd be all for running some plays with him at RG to see how gross/wharton look, but it seems we no longer have that luxury.

this doesn't exclude the possibility of making a switch a few games down the road into the season, however. if we're able to find a solid right tackle that can play better than bell and wharton is notably better at LG next to gross then i think the staff would be willing to experiment with a shift.

this kind of thing always makes me nervous on the OL. too much tinkering typically goes on midseason for my liking. unfortunately it's been kind of necessary b/c we haven't addressed the OL well enough in the offseasons.

Posted · Report post

this kind of thing always makes me nervous on the OL. too much tinkering typically goes on midseason for my liking. unfortunately it's been kind of necessary b/c we haven't addressed the OL well enough in the offseasons.

it would definitely have to be the type of thing where they have a few trial runs in practice during the week to see if there's a noticeable overall upgrade in performance before trying to install it. you hate to kill chemistry, even if it's between mediocre players, unless there's some serious advantage to gain from it.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Feel a bit better about the line now, I just wish we had someone to replace bell at RT.

Posted · Report post

In my infinite stupidity I would place Wharton at RT and move Bell into RG while Kubby heals up. Leaving Bell on the outside scares me and book-ending him with Kalil and Wharton seems the lesser of 2 evils.

If Kugbila returns do you want him replacing Bell or Wharton in week 3?

This scenario has the most upside combined with the least disruption.