Photo
- - - - -

Kugbila gives Wharton his old #70 jersey. Kugbila takes Otah's old number.

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
63 replies to this topic

#61 rodeo

rodeo

Keelah se'lai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

I don't get the hate for Kugbila. Hamstrings are not magically fixed by sheer will.

Never got that about this fan base. The moment an o-linemen gets hurt he becomes a "fat lazy piece of poo" to a lot of people. There's a whole narrative of Otah being lazy, but that is a completely made up thing that exists in the minds of forum posters. Rivera has never done anything but praise what a hard worked Otah was, how he tried his damndest, took to coaching, was a team player, but could never get over the hump. Even the Jets talked about what a hard worker he was during the week he was there.

But he's a lineman, and has injury problems, so to most people he just has to be lazy.

#62 redbuddha

redbuddha

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Deacon Jones just called to say he still hates just because

#63 SurvivalSloth

SurvivalSloth

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:41 PM

I'm glad to see Kug give Wharton his old #70. It's a classy move.

Anyone remember when Cam wanted #2 and Pickles wouldn't give it to him......and then 2 seasons later Pickles changed his number to #7? 

What a tool...

#64 MHS831

MHS831

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:50 AM

I'm not going to say a word......

But,  but....when you say, "I am not saying a word"  you are saying "a word" both figuratively and literally. 

This burns me up.

Nah, not really. 

However, Kugbila wore 70 in college, but he comes from a place where tremendous respect is bestowed upon the elders.....

He did the right thing, until the trainer told him that he was increasing his minutes on the exercise bike from 70 to 79 minutes to honor his gesture.

I am on fire.