Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Madden 25

114 posts in this topic

Posted

I've been able to get a few games in and i have to say it's decent, but you definitely have to play with the sliders. the offense has a massive edge over the defense and I'm tempted to almost label it.. well... broken. the worst part is that rather than EA balance it, they instead jacked up the amount of fumbles and drops by the offense to counter it (read: laziness)

again, it's decent, but it's gonna take some time tinkering with the sliders to balance it out. I'm sure next year they'll "revamp" the defense for the 8th time, the "mechanics" of it will be that title's big new feature, and hopefully itll be back to normal.

1 person likes this

Posted

Defense was terrible on the demo.

Madden 13 had good defense.

Posted

I cant stop poo with our D idk what it is

Posted

^Same issue. On Pro, nobody does anything on me. All-Pro, I'm actually having close games.

Ginn is a beast though

Posted

All Pro the defense actually was pretty good for me.  WRs were still a little too open at times, but I didn't feel like no matter what coverage I called guys would manage to magically get open.  I'm waiting for some rosters that have Brandon Williams on them before I start an owner mode with the Panthers, so right now I'm having fun with the St Louis Rams (I mean L.A. Aftershocks)....

Posted

I'm enjoying it so far. It took my eyes a little time to adjust from the zoom out perspective that you used to get when you buffed play arts, and it feels a bit slower.

Running the ball feels even better and I've threw a lot of picks on the first day, but after I got adjusted to the speed I started throwing all over the place.

First online game I won 28-10 and spent most of the game running the option. The best part was that the DE was almost always spying Cam so JStew or DWill would just rumble up the field five yards. Rinse, repeat.

Posted

I really don't like that they took out the triple option from the shotgun 2rb set.

That was my bread and butter formation last year.

I never got into the create a play part though, maybe I can make the play there?

Posted

Funny you guys are all waiting for brandon williams because i found myself needing him on the roster last night as well. Anybody know when the second roster update drops? I don't wanna wait too long..

Posted

There may be a custom roster with him on it if you're just looking to start an offline owner mode.

Posted

Doing the owner mode with a fantasy draft. I'm decent on offense but terrible on D.

0-2 so far

Posted

The camera can be played with I found out to restore it to either Zoomed, Broadcast, or Legacy I think the names are.  Legacy is the usual camera style if I remember correctly. All of this just has to be changed in the Settings menu and it takes effect in all modes. 

Posted

Ive been playing online and MUT. Online is awesome, I use Philly PB cuz it has some crazy good Shotgun formations and plays. Lots of option plays, screens, etc. Carolina PB is good too, but it doesn't have the shotgun formations that I like (no 5WR set?? da fuq). When I get motivated to do so I will mess around with the PB's and create my own with audibles all set up. BTW audibles are awesome this year as well.

Black pants make the unis look sweet. Black on Black are nice, but the blue on black look nasty. White on black for away are sick too.

My UT is baller, I got my rating up to 88 with chemistry looking good. UT is the best way to play IMO as far as vs online, since carolina lacks secondary in classic 1v1 match up.

Regardless, best madden yet.