#273 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,647 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Let's get real GOP/TP/Democratic supporters.

Romney was chomping at the bit less than a year ago to attack Iran on even less credible intelligence data than we currently have for Syria.

Without a doubt, Romney would have already been bombing with the GOP Congress cheering him on every step of the way.

This debacle only proves President Obama is a slave to his corporate masters on Wall Street (most of whom should have been in jail years ago), just like the GOP has been for generations now.

The American voter deserves better than two political parties that support the national interests of Saudi Arabia and Israel before those of the American people.

How about using our national resources to rebuild our failing infrastructure, improving public schools and putting Americans back to work at a living wage instead of constantly war mongering?

It is way past time for Americans to start voting for their own best interests and not against them.

#274 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 2,413 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:18 AM

Let's get real GOP/TP/Democratic supporters.

Romney was chomping at the bit less than a year ago to attack Iran on even less credible intelligence data than we currently have for Syria.

Without a doubt, Romney would have already been bombing with the GOP Congress cheering him on every step of the way.

This debacle only proves President Obama is a slave to his corporate masters on Wall Street (most of whom should have been in jail years ago), just like the GOP has been for generations now.

The American voter deserves better than two political parties that support the national interests of Saudi Arabia and Israel before those of the American people.

How about using our national resources to rebuild our failing infrastructure, improving public schools and putting Americans back to work at a living wage instead of constantly war mongering?

It is way past time for Americans to start voting for their own best interests and not against them.

Whole heartly agree with you. Sadly both parties use small issues to divide which stops actual positive change

#275 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,647 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Americans are no longer interested in policing the world, Mr. Obama

However Congress votes on Syrian intervention, the White House will have problems escaping the fallout

The White House finds itself in a political no-man's-land. Winning a vote in Congress will mean squandering political capital and twisting Democratic arms – all in pursuit of a military strategy that will, by the White House's own admission, do little to stop the bloodletting in Syria. Lose the vote and risk becoming a weakened lame duck three years before Obama's second term is up. Of course, Obama could ignore Congress, but then he risks entering into impeachment territory.

Yet, for all the short-term political fallout, the apparent train wreck on Syria might be the best thing to happen in American politics in a long time.

Since 11 September 2001, armchair generals (inside and outside government) have planned one military engagement after another and confidently predicted success – and then dodged accountability after repeated failures. The result has been quagmire after quagmire, trillions of dollars in costs and tens of thousands of dead and maimed Americans.

Those chickens have come home to roost. No matter how defensible the plan for military action in Syria might be; no matter how strong the impulse to punish the use of long-banned weapons; no matter how many assertions of limited engagement are made, Americans and their representatives in Congress appear finally resistant to buying the war-makers' tonic (some might say 10 years too late).

The desire of America's foreign policy elite to continue to demand that the US remain the indispensable nation and the world's policeman has come face to face with a public tired of war and tired of foreign policy failure. And the American people look poised to win this round.

http://www.theguardi...-policing-world

#276 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

• HUDDLER
  • 3,647 posts
  • LocationAlaska

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

A possible way out of this political nightmare for the Obama administration?

"Syria welcomes the Russian proposal out of concern for the lives of the Syrian people, the security of our country and because it believes in the wisdom of the Russian leadership that seeks to avert American aggression against our people," al-Moallem said during a visit to Moscow, where he held talks with his Russian counterpart, Sergey Lavrov.

However, al-Moallem, would not give any further details in his brief statement and didn't take any questions from reporters.

Moallem's statement came a few hours after U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry said Assad could resolve the crisis surrounding the alleged use of chemical weapons by his forces by surrendering control of "every single bit" of his arsenal to the international community by the end of the week.

Also Monday, U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon urged Syria to immediately agree to transfer chemical weapons and chemical precursors to a safe place within the country for international destruction.

Ban said he will also propose to the Security Council that it unite and demand an immediate chemical weapons transfer should U.N. inspectors conclude that such weapons were used in an attack Aug. 21 in a suburb of Damascus.

Al-Moallem and Lavrov didn't make any immediate reference to Kerry's statement when they spoke to the media after their talks, but a few hours later Lavrov went before cameras to say that Moscow would urge Syria to quickly place its chemical weapons under international control and then dismantle it.

http://www.huffingto..._n_3893951.html

#277 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 03:51 PM

egg meet face

#278 dos poptarts

dos poptarts

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 607 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

So with this Russian proposal, will Putin (who I don't trust at all) be eligible for a Nobel? I think the bear is definitely up to something and has this Admin running in circles. Wonder what he's really doing in the background elsewhere in the world.

haven't kept up with the Tbox as much lately, but did anyone see the rumor that some of the gassed kids on the video were kidnapped by the rebels a week or so earlier from other villages?

#279 Wanderlai

Wanderlai

• HUDDLER
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:10 PM

I think Putin was saying the rebels used the gas if anyone did. If he can keep us out of another cat liter box so be it. Our politicians are dumber than a sack of sand for the most part. 

#280 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 9,360 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

Obama/Kerry losing what little foreign policy swagger we had left.

#281 teeray

teeray

THE SWAGNIFICENT

• HUDDLER
  • 12,485 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

This has been a giant clusterfug from the start.

#282 SZ James

SZ James

• HUDDLER
  • 7,074 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

is it WWIII yet?

#283 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,369 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

A Belgian writer held hostage for five months in Syria has said that his own rebel captors denied that President Bashar al-Assad was responsible for the Ghouta massacre. 

Pierre Piccinin said that he and fellow hostage Domenico Quirico, an Italian war reporter, heard their jailers talking about the chemical weapon attack and saying that Assad was not to blame. 

Quirico confirmed to La Stampa newspaper that they had eavesdropped such a conversation through a closed door but added that he had no evidence to substantiate what he heard. 

Piccinin said the captives became desperate when they heard that the US was planning to launch a punitive attack against the regime over the gas attack in the Damascus suburb. 

"It wasn't the government of Bashar al-Assad that used sarin gas or any other gas in Ghouta," Piccinin told Belgian RTL radio after he was released. 

"We are sure about this because we overheard a conversation between rebels. It pains me to say it because I've been a fierce supporter of the Free Syrian Army in its rightful fight for democracy since 2012," Piccinin added. 

"We were prisoners, stuck with this information and unable to report it," he said. 

http://www.ibtimes.c...ame-hostage.htm

#284 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts
  • Locationnorth carolina

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

Gotta give it to Putin. He's smart. This proposal is nothing but a stall tactic that will make us the aggressor in the end. Nothing will come of this new arrangement. its gonna be business as usual for the admin. Mostly, cause this has nothing to do with diing children or chems in syria. This resolution is just another deer-dance to lure us in deeper. We are going to resolve the issue of mineral & resource distribution even if it kills everyone that doesn't have a stake in the profits. Feels like a cold war turning hot to me?

#285 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

• HUDDLER
  • 7,199 posts
  • LocationPleiades

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:15 AM

I can't believe how ridiculous the fear mongering has gotten that McCain, Kerry, and Graham have been pushing. Between those three they've really redefined The Three [Zionist] Stooges, haha. Netanyahu must have some serious blackmail material against these guys considering their ludicrous claims. "If we don't bomb Syria then Iran is going to nuke Charleston Harbor." LoL. Can you believe this crap??? These guys are getting so desperate to make up any fraudulent link they can to justify bombing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.