Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Syria--To Bomb or Not To Bomb

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
294 replies to this topic

#286 Harris Aballah

Harris Aballah

Fayette-Villian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:43 AM

I can't believe how ridiculous the fear mongering has gotten that McCain, Kerry, and Graham have been pushing. Between those three they've really redefined The Three [Zionist] Stooges, haha. Netanyahu must have some serious blackmail material against these guys considering their ludicrous claims. "If we don't bomb Syria then Iran is going to nuke Charleston Harbor." LoL. Can you believe this crap??? These guys are getting so desperate to make up any fraudulent link they can to justify bombing.

Whats funny is that this conflict is brewing in the interest of keeping russia from taking over the oil industry. Wheres the public outcry about stealing their oil now? Could you imagine the prize awarded to Iran if they actually have access to the flow of oil in europe? Russia is gonna help that happen and thats what this is really about. Thats why isreal and the us are grabbing all the straws they can right now. We shoulda been energy independant 3 decades ago at least.

#287 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

This thread went from serious discussion of the issue to conspiracy theory nutjob land in a relatively short amount of time.  Although for the tinderbox, I guess its par for the course.  

Fwiw, if Syria is serious about turning over its WMD's to an international force (and I have my doubts) then its quite a coup for the President, in that he used the Teddy Roosevelt big stick to convince the Syrians to come to the diplomatic table 

#288 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:24 PM

Fwiw, if Syria is serious about turning over its WMD's to an international force (and I have my doubts) then its quite a coup for the President, in that he used the Teddy Roosevelt big stick to convince the Syrians to come to the diplomatic table 

This^

#289 venom

venom

oneinfiniteconsciousness

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 04:54 PM

This thread went from serious discussion of the issue to conspiracy theory nutjob land in a relatively short amount of time.  Although for the tinderbox, I guess its par for the course.  

How exactly has this thread turned into conspiracy nutjob land? In all reality, the state reporting on the matter is what should be considered nutjob. It blows my mind that you can still trust anyone in Washington.

#290 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

How exactly has this thread turned into conspiracy nutjob land? In all reality, the state reporting on the matter is what should be considered nutjob. It blows my mind that you can still trust anyone in Washington.

The moment you enter a thread is when it turns that way

#291 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Somebody want a conspiracy?

Watch Hillary ride in on a white horse with the weapons on one side and Putin praising her on the other.

Then wait for that to be the tent pole of her election run.

#292 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

The problem is largely one of credibility for the US government. 

AFAIK governments have been spinning information (lying) to citizens for as long as governments have existed, and I'm sure whatever preceded the concept of government was doing it too. 

The internet may be a mixed bag when it comes to information, but it does provide a greater spectrum of views than we have traditionally received from the MSM.

In this particular case it is hard to comprehend how Syria, by most accounts winning the war against the rebels, would want to do the very thing that could quickly destroy any chance of winning the war.  That is, compelling the world's most powerful military to actively side with the rebels by using chemical weapons.  It is even more remarkable that Syria would decide to do it within days of the UN chemical weapons inspection team arriving in country.  Sounds like a pretty stupid move if you are the Syrian government.

On the other hand if you are someone that would benefit from such an occurrence why wouldn't you do it?  It begs the question: Who might benefit from US intervention?

I would love to take what our elected representatives say at face value, but unfortunately after all that has taken place since 9/11, including the Iraq war and the NSA scandal, I would have to be pretty gullible not to question our government's true motives.

#293 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

Speaking of credibility, here are a few examples of those lacking any...

http://www.hulu.com/watch/531132

#294 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber

HUDDLER

Posted 13 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

Sage words from a dead comedian...

#295 NanuqoftheNorth

NanuqoftheNorth

Frosty Alaskan Amber