Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNCrules2187

Cut: WR Joe Adams, DT Frank Kearse

158 posts in this topic

Yea had a feeling Adams was a gonner. Looks like we're going with 6 WRs if Hixon does something in game 4.

Joe Adams just fumbled again.

Pilares, you're next.

Not surprised... Adams was a punt returner that couldn't field punts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I'm an App guy and I giggle every time someone says they are keeping Armanti just to appease "us".

If the Big Cat was playing that game, he'd have been much better off draft Gio from UNC last year.  The UNC fan base is much bigger than App State.

I wish us Mountaineers had as much power as some of you folks think.  If we did, Dexter Jackson would still be on the practice squad somewhere. 

Back to topic, Adams could have carved out a nice little spot here if he could have fielded punts cleanly, held on to them, used his speed to run them back, and stayed healthy.  As others have said though, he'll likely still be around.

Joe Adams just fumbled again.

Pilares, you're next.

Pilares was injured/waived the other day.

Both he and Adams will be placed on IR(along with several others). And will be back next year...

Pilares was injured/waived the other day.

Both he and Adams will be placed on IR(along with several others). And will be back next year...

They'll get their shot in camp and preseason anyway, which is all I could hope for. It's up to them to make the squad. (Although Adams has a Better shot due to his rookie contract)

According to Panthers.com, both Kearse and Joe Adams have been waived injured. Both will in all likelyhood wind up on our IR by this time tomorrow.

Have to say I called it with Adams in my roster prediction thread

"WR

Steve Smith, Brandon Lafell, Ted Ginn Jr., Domenik Hixon, David Gettis Armanti Edwards

Ted Ginn grabs the number three spot and we actually have a talented WR corps if Smitty stays healthy. Armanti Edwards makes the team. He will prolly be the weakest link NEXT year when his contract is up and we draft a WR. Joe Adams is a little early to let go, so maybe he suffers a mysterious injury and gets placed on IR."

1 person likes this

GPbwksy.gif

1 person likes this

A 4th rounder gone after one season.  Ouch.   :(

wasted pick... trending with RR.

1 person likes this

Never was really a Adams guy, he was more quick than fast and i never thought he offered much as a reciever. As far as why Fua is on the roster and Frank got cut, i have no idea.

I liked him.  His college profile justified drafting him where he was.

But a player's transition from college to pro is a very difficult thing to predict.  Some guys just don't have what it takes.

1 person likes this