top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,178 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:36 PM

Link

The Dolphins lured him down there, but now want to go with youngsters. Provided his knee is up to snuff, he may just be what the doctored ordered.

#2 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:39 PM

hmmmmmm

interesting

#3 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:41 PM

Now this guy, assuming he passes a physical, is someone worth picking up. 

#4 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:43 PM

As a dolfan, this was not unexpected really. Lance never got on the field, he was hurt all of camp. And once he was back in pads, he was so deep in the rotation he never got a shot....he must not have been healthy or good anymore. The dolphins (and I know!) are really poo at RG....John Jerry is overweight constantly, and Josh Samuda has been a revolving door in pass blocking.

Our line has just as many issues as the Panthers....if we cut him before cutting to 53....I don't think he'd be worth bringing in honestly.

#5 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

It would unbelievable if Rivera and Gettledog stood pat with what they have on the right side.  That would be like giving cam the middle finger.

#6 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:45 PM

As a dolfan, this was not unexpected really. Lance never got on the field, he was hurt all of camp. And once he was back in pads, he was so deep in the rotation he never got a shot....he must not have been healthy or good anymore. The dolphins (and I know!) are really poo at RG....John Jerry is overweight constantly, and Josh Samuda has been a revolving door in pass blocking.

Our line has just as many issues as the Panthers....if we cut him before cutting to 53....I don't think he'd be worth bringing in honestly.

I'm lead to believe that this was more of a cost cutting measure than a "can't play for poo" move. 

#7 Zod

Zod

YOUR RULER

• MFCEO
  • 20,086 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:46 PM

That would be like giving cam the whole fist....dry.

FIFY

#8 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:47 PM

I'm lead to believe that this was more of a cost cutting measure than a "can't play for poo" move. 

We have 15mm+ of cap space rolling over next season, 2mm isnt a big deal if he could play for us.

#9 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,693 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

I'd assume his play was affected by the ACL injury.

The release of Louis, 28, is good indication the team wasn't excited about his return from major knee surgery. He made his preseason debut against the Houston Texans on Aug. 17 and was slated to challenge John Jerry for the lead role at right guard after starting 28 games for the Chicago Bears over the past three seasons. Instead, Louis struggled to keep pace this summer with undrafted rookie Josh Samuda.

#10 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:49 PM

We have 15mm+ of cap space rolling over next season, 2mm isnt a big deal if he could play for us.

And we need all of it. They cut him for 1.25 mil and they sucked at RG which makes me think it la similar to the piggy situation with us.

#11 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

BUT GAIZ, NO MOAR LINEMAN

#12 Phinisher

Phinisher

The Huddles Reckoning

• HUDDLER
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationRain Tree

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:53 PM

Josh Samuda is undrafted rookie and he has started the last few preseason games whiel John Jerry sat with a bruised knee. So if Louis couldnt even "show what he has" with our starters with the starting RG out over a undrafted rookie....how much can he help you guys?

#13 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 13,541 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:55 PM

FIFY

28mmd.gif

#14 chknwing

chknwing

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,863 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:56 PM

499699712_74bc2422f0.jpg

#15 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • 12,633 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

Josh Samuda is undrafted rookie and he has started the last few preseason games whiel John Jerry sat with a bruised knee. So if Louis couldnt even "show what he has" with our starters with the starting RG out over a undrafted rookie....how much can he help you guys?

We released a certain player named Wharton in favor of, well, no one (we didn't even have another LG on the roster, or one worth a poo) for similar reasons.... Someone outplaying him wasn't one of them. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com