Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you like to see us move on from D Will and J- Stew?

Would you like to see us move on from D Will and J- Stew   101 votes

1. 1. Would you like to see us move on from D Will and J- Stew

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

47 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I'm not sure how anyone can honestly look at all that money we pay runningbacks and justify it considering our QB is our leading rusher.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

They're not a package deal. For that point, alone, "no".

Posted · Report post

This wouldn't even be a question if we had an o-line to create holes to run through...

Posted · Report post

From the players? No. From their contracts? Absolutely. ASAP

Posted · Report post

Well in a perfect world i'd like to keep Stewart over Williams but to be honest Williams is the one that usually ends up on the field and he's looked like his old self in preseason.

Stewart is 26 and is on the pup list. His expectations have dropped from me. He was and could have been a franchise guy but with his ankle issues and the style he plays he may only be a good player until he is maybe 30 or so. So that's what 3 years of awesome RB play for half a season while paying franchise RB money?

It may just be Williams that stays after all. He's the one under contract till 2015 I think. Plus we have Tolbert and now Barner.

Posted · Report post

I am pretty sure Stewart's salary is fully guaranteed for this season and next...so he will get plenty of chances to prove himself.  Williams salary is not that bad, especially if he ends up producing like we know he can.  I give them 2 years before we can realistically move on from either.

Posted · Report post

Just think if their salaries had been invested in offensive linemen....

Just think if our picks for linemen had turned out.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Just think if our picks for linemen had turned out.

This reminds me of the kill Kugbila and Gettleman for making the pick posts from earlier.  People tend to forget Nelson, Duke Robinson, and a hosts of undrafted guys (Ziemba) that we have invested in that just have not panned out.  Robinson was from a huge program and he was a bum.  We have just missed, but the line we have now is better than the one that finished the season winning 5-6 games.  You pay some guys and it doesn't work out.  D-Will is still serviceable and Stew will contribute when he is healthy.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Trading Stew or Williams is virtually impossible because of their contracts. 

Posted · Report post

If J-Stew can take a paycut (which he'll be asked to do this off-season), I don't see why he can't remain a Panther.

Stew's salary next year is only 1.5M with a 6M total cap hit so there's really nothing the can convert to save next year. At most he could take his salary down to 800k or something but you have to give him something of equal or less in return and that doesn't really equate to any major savings (700k)

His contract is too new to really do anything with him. If he went down the road of uselessness that Beason has gone then yeah he may slash down his salary, but I just don't know. We're pretty well stuck with him til 2016 at the earliest
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Yes.

Stewie will always have a nagging injury, even though he can perform with one. But without an amazing line, and a run-first attitude, he'll never be the superstar he can be. D-Lo is still fast and quick, but he's as only as good as his O-Line. We've stopped being a run-first team and now even more so that Cam won't run much. It's time to make the full transition. Draft a young stud or bring in some vets and let's let the passing game take us to the Playoffs.

Posted · Report post

Just think if their salaries had been invested in offensive linemen....

honestly under hurney's regime we could have been in a worse situation. for all we know if he hadnt been fired he probably would have given byron bell a jake long kind of contract