Photo
- - - - -

Rivera's scheme of developing talent....

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
21 replies to this topic

#13 Jmac

Jmac

HUDDLER

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

The Frankenstein experiments are over.If the two guards we picked in two years are all RR, then I doubt DG will let that happen again.If he was in on it also, then thats on him also. Projects and developmental guys are two high risk and we can't afford that luxury and I hope they have learned.

#14 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:39 AM

lloyd's efforts at making threads

run-into-wall-o.gif

#15 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

The Frankenstein experiments are over.If the two guards we picked in two years are all RR, then I doubt DG will let that happen again.If he was in on it also, then thats on him also. Projects and developmental guys are two high risk and we can't afford that luxury and I hope they have learned.

Outside of the 1st-2nd rounds, all players are project/developmental guys.

#16 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

Outside of the 1st-2nd rounds, all players are project/developmental guys.

True but a division 2 guy is especially developmental. Rarely any competition at those levels. That said, expecting a starter from any fourth rounder is kind of silly.

#17 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

True but a division 2 guy is especially developmental. Rarely any competition at those levels. That said, expecting a starter from any fourth rounder is kind of silly.

Exactly.

#18 Stroupe-a-loop

Stroupe-a-loop

Señor Member

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

Plus the only two fourth rounders in Panthers history to start double digit games as rookies were:

GAR085105.jpg

Frank Garcia

and

Chris Weinke

Not an imposing list.

#19 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:13 AM

I'm not a fan of Rivera's gameday coaching at all, but to suggest that he doesn't develop talent is just laughable.  His strongest trait is teaching the game.  He's hired assistants who are all known as strong teachers.  It's what he does.

You're mad because we don't have a good Guard?  How do you feel about our secondary?  Who the hell are those guys anyway?  Have you noticed that suddenly making cuts at Wide Receiver is difficult?  That's not just because we went out and got Ginn.  And who's freaking out at the prospect of losing Beason or Davis for any extended period of time?  No one, that's who.  We have two ROOKIE Defensive Tackles who look like they can play and start right now, and that rarely happens, even for first rounders--go look it up.

The line hasn't gotten it's act together, and that's a problem.  And we won't know if Rivera still chokes in close games (and if people will still blame the players) until we play one.  But one thing he and his staff do well is teach basic football.

#20 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

Moderators

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm not a fan of Rivera's gameday coaching at all, but to suggest that he doesn't develop talent is just laughable.  His strongest trait is teaching the game.  He's hired assistants who are all known as strong teachers.  It's what he does.

You're mad because we don't have a good Guard?  How do you feel about our secondary?  Who the hell are those guys anyway?  Have you noticed that suddenly making cuts at Wide Receiver is difficult?  That's not just because we went out and got Ginn.  And who's freaking out at the prospect of losing Beason or Davis for any extended period of time?  No one, that's who.  We have two ROOKIE Defensive Tackles who look like they can play and start right now, and that rarely happens, even for first rounders--go look it up.

The line hasn't gotten it's act together, and that's a problem.  And we won't know if Rivera still chokes in close games (and if people will still blame the players) until we play one.  But one thing he and his staff do well is teach basic football.

this.

#21 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

SUPPORTER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

Now how did I know this thread was just going to be about a stupid gif? :rolleyes:

#22 FireMarshallBill

FireMarshallBill

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:28 AM

I have the better Jim Carrey alt acct btw