Person speculates on the RB situation

• Please log in to reply
68 replies to this topic

#61 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,288 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:16 PM

They often had to abandon the run last season because they were behind. Again, you are painting half a picture. For heaven sakes, every back struggled on this team last year. Why do you insist on singling out DeAngelo? He is not the issue on this team. You rather have Barner be featured. That is just remarkable to me. We just don't agree on this topic. Agree to disagree is fine by me. Enjoy the dlo show.... He is going to surprise many people this year... And so will this team.

Mainly we just had to limit the carries bc it wasn't working...

and haven't singled out Williams....in this very thread i said it is mainly a OL vs good defensive front issue. You just can't justify giving lots of carries if the result is what he did often last year

Williams is the only healthy one....and the one people are saying should get a ton of carries.

With a poor OL, I'd rather Tolbert get Stewart's load...

I don't think we need a featured RB. Give the ball to someone who can go forward. If they can't....quit giving them the ball. I am just over needing these Fox era RBs to be something they aren't anymore

#62 weymouthst

weymouthst

#1 zero

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,041 posts
  • LocationMaine

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:18 PM

DWill still has the legs to be a feature back for a season. Depends on O-line I guess. I also want to see Kenjon do some things though.

#63 tjmurray

tjmurray

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 190 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:31 PM

Mainly we just had to limit the carries bc it wasn't working...

and haven't singled out Williams....in this very thread i said it is mainly a OL vs good defensive front issue. You just can't justify giving lots of carries if the result is what he did often last year

Williams is the only healthy one....and the one people are saying should get a ton of carries.

With a poor OL, I'd rather Tolbert get Stewart's load...

I don't think we need a featured RB. Give the ball to someone who can go forward. If they can't....quit giving them the ball. I am just over needing these Fox era RBs to be something they aren't anymore

Well, he will be getting 20 plus Carries a game. All your energy is in the wrong place, but keep on worrying about #34. I'll be worried if #11 can step up & produce. #34 is the feature back. He has earned this opportunity. "it is what it is." CRA...

#64 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

We have no choice but to give him more carries...

But I don't see how he suddenly is going to look like a different RB than he did in 2012 and 2011. He just doesn't fit what we do as well as I would like....have to put to put up with a lot of non impressive stuff to get that occaasional big run.

I hope Tolbert gets a bigger role...almost what we would have given Stewart

legit comment... those other guys are wishfully thinking as they always do. at least they don't waste the food on the plate i guess. nevertheless, all food isn't good for you. therefore let's hope opposing defenses don't eat up our running game. we have too many, "could be", "should be", "leftovers", "sloppy seconds" players on our team. The sad reality is we give too much credit to "seems" to be the only option. These issues start from the top. Vets teach, youth learn.

#65 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 17,050 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:46 PM

Williams will be featured and really more carries suits him.  He is a homerun hitter and does best when he gets more carries.  He may have 5 carries for 15 yards and then breaks one for 30.  He is the kind of back who needs carries to be successful.  Part of the problem in the past 2 years was being so disjoined in philosophy and going high risk all the time that we found ourselves in long distance 3rd downs way too often. 

#66 BelgianPantherFan

BelgianPantherFan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • LocationBelgium

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:58 AM

What's the status on Tolbert? Will he be 100% going into the Seattle game?

#67 Vagrant

Vagrant

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:04 AM

This is the fundamental problem with Person as a beat writer. Everything he writes is speculation and most of it ends up being patently untrue. It's literally like nobody will give him the time of day to actually talk about what their real plans are with players, and the players dislike him so much that they won't give him anything either.

In print journalism, you either need to be a player guy or a suit guy, or both cleverly disguised as the best ones are. He's neither. How he still has a job is miraculous.

Gaant runs circles around him on twitter and it's sad. As much of a hater as Gaant was, he at least had the connections to prop his opinion.

#68 DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

DeAngelo's #1 Fan(CRA)

• Moderators
  • 26,288 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:40 AM

Well, he will be getting 20 plus Carries a game. All your energy is in the wrong place, but keep on worrying about #34. I'll be worried if #11 can step up & produce. #34 is the feature back. He has earned this opportunity. "it is what it is." CRA...

I'm worried about the part of our rush attack that doesn't involve Cam. That would include any RB we put on the field. Williams is the most inconsistent IMO behind a poor OL

I hope he gets 20 carries a game....the OL/Williams combo of last year won't allow it. That is all.

#69 davos

davos

|~~~~|

• HUDDLER
  • 9,993 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:59 AM

Bottom line with the way our right side of the line is set and considering D'lo's style at running back, we're not going to be doing anything special in the running dept minus Cam again.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com