Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pat Yas has the Panthers finishing 7-9

74 posts in this topic

Posted

If the offense would get their poo together and the defense stays the same then we'd be the best team in the league.

Posted

Pat Y got so much crap from the other fans from the NFC South in 2008 when he became the ESPN Blog guy b/c the Panthers were good that year, and his job was to write more about them because of that.

The other teams' fans gave him so much crap about being a Panthers homer that he went full tilt against us 2009- present to emphasize the fact he had no connection to the team.

He only recently has started being more objective about the Panthers.

I personally think he won't criticize Greg Schiano b/c he has to go to One Buc Place for any news conference, etc. since he already lives there and is afraid of him... :)

Posted

With this O-line, I smell 7-9 season. A stout D can only do so much.

Posted

With this O-line, I smell 7-9 season. A stout D can only do so much.

you have to be able to score. you can't do that frequently without a good OL.

Posted

Falcons 3-13

Panthers 3-13

Saints 3-13

Bucs 3-13

Posted

I'd like to add that if heaven forbid Steve Smith gets hurt, we won't win 5 games.

Shut yo mouth!

Posted

Pat Y got so much crap from the other fans from the NFC South in 2008 when he became the ESPN Blog guy b/c the Panthers were good that year, and his job was to write more about them because of that.

The other teams' fans gave him so much crap about being a Panthers homer that he went full tilt against us 2009- present to emphasize the fact he had no connection to the team.

He only recently has started being more objective about the Panthers.

I personally think he won't criticize Greg Schiano b/c he has to go to One Buc Place for any news conference, etc. since he already lives there and is afraid of him... :)

TBH, there hasn't been a whole lot of "good" to write about.

1 person likes this

Posted

Everytime I come to this site at the start of the Football season, I clearly see why your team never make it no further than the little faith you have in it.

FYI, The last two SB teams were not teams with the greatest Offensive Teams. The defense took them to their SB win. The old saying about football is still very much truthful: "Offensive side of a team puts up points. The Defensive side wins games."

If you look back at the last two seasons, how many more games could the Panthers have won had the defense not squandered away the offense points?!

Stop listening to those who will never pick this team to win anything unless a script is written for them to say so. They were the same folks who had every team but the Giants getting to the SB in 2012, nevermind winning. They pretty much pick the same teams every year to do the same thing. They then will pick a dark horse team, just to show they are thinking outside of the box.

Stop entertaining and start believing. If the Panthers' defense are becoming the real deal as they have been showing these last couple of preseason games, all the offense has to do is put up decent numbers and you will win more times than lose this football season. Didn't your team beat the SB Champs last week with a score of 34-27? And they did it with their O-Line struggling and Cam running.  

That so called 7-9 victory sounds like someone who isn't doing anything more than making predictions based on last year's numbers. He could have at least been kind enough to add another W to the Panthers' win column so he won't seem so obvious.

I've been saying it since I've been on this site, if the Panthers' defense step up their game and the offense help out Cam just a bit more, I can see this team at least making the play-offs easily. The Panthers are not far from being a seriously contending team for play-off spots. They simply need to shake off the laziness that seem to plague this team every season.

The question is, do you folks seriously believe this team can contend or are you swayed by every opinion spewed by these so called experts? This team went 7-9 with a half dead defense last year. I say the Panthers either,  9-7 or make it into the play-offs this season. That's my prediction.

2 people like this

Posted

whether we believe it or not doesn't effect the panthers performance.

the panthers aren't tinkerbell. you can't think them into shining.

Posted

TBH, there hasn't been a whole lot of "good" to write about.

But Pat hasn't said the Panthers are a good team for three years!!! Clearly his bias is the only explanation.....

1 person likes this

Posted

you have to be able to score. you can't do that frequently without a good OL.

With our Defense that wont be a issue. 

Posted

whether we believe it or not doesn't effect the panthers performance.

the panthers aren't tinkerbell. you can't think them into shining.

Yeah, cause we all know the moral and attitude of fans never control the attitude and moral of a teams. Nope...never happens.