Baptized In The Blood Of Saints

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,495 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

Sea: We catch them sleeping and with some players out

@Buf W No QB at all

NYG W Not sold on G-Men questions abound

@Ari W Not a good football team right now

@Min W AP is tough and it will be a good game but we win the close ones this year

STL L Fisher knows how muddy up a game and seems to frustrate us every time.

@TB L Idunno it just seems like if we lose a game it'll be this one.

ATL W Fired up to play these guys at home.  That o-line is as bad as ours.

@SF L Their O-line is nowhere near as bad as ours

NE W Cam goes Ham on Monday Night

@MIA L Short week off an emotional victory.  Trap Game.

TB W Rebound and take revenge on the Bucs

@NO L New Orleans out guns us at the last.

NYJ W Oh we gon win dis one.

NO W Revenge at home.  Brees picks dirt clumps out of his mask all game.

@ATL L Division on the line, pressure creeps up and is too much on the road.  Drop a game but clinch wild card.

10-6 seem realistic.  I know starting 5-0 seems crazy but its set up that way.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

7-9......10-6

anywhere in between. 

i can see any of it happening.

they should have a winning season, but thats been the case for most if the history of the panthers. they shoukd have been. good but....(insert excuse, stupid comment about trying to build rome or statements like it is what it is).

#19 UNCrules2187

UNCrules2187

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,323 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

BTW "wiseguys" hate Atlanta:

Last May, when season win totals were released and the Falcons number of victories was put at 10, I wrote a very polite take down of Atlanta. I believed the team's 8-0 start to 2012, propelled by a 4-0 start with wins over the Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers and Panthers, was a fraud. I wrote, "The Chiefs were, well, the worst team in football. The Broncos nearly came back to win after three first-half Peyton Manning interceptions. The Chargers were doing their annual September of self-discovery (which happened to last all season). And the Panthers game was won as much because Cam Newton fumbled trying to ice it on a short-yardage scramble as it was by a Matty Ice bomb. Break all this down according to the process, and not just the results, and you get a pretty good look at an inconsistent group whose status was elevated by public perception. In the second half of the season, the Falcons lost a game to each of their division rivals and finished 5-3."

In that same column, my handicapping buddy, The SportsBoss, pointed out that last year, "Atlanta played the third-easiest schedule, was plus-13 in turnover differential and, using the Pythagorean theorem of wins based on points, they won two more than they should have last year. I expect a regression on the turnovers and I have them as playing the eighth-toughest schedule. If their sked improves that much and their TO margin regresses just a bit and they play the same way they did last year, they are probably a .500 team."

When I was in Vegas this past weekend, no one I spoke to had changed their tune about the Falcons. Put simply, one wiseguy said to me, "I don't see them winning nine games."

#20 thennek

thennek

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

If Pat is right and the Panthers go 7-9, then Rivera is toast and we will have a new coach next year. 

#21 beastson

beastson

Philly Cheese Steak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,387 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

I think we finish 2nd next to dome warriors Falcons

#22 Creep59

Creep59

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts
  • LocationHatteras Canyon

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

I hope he is wrong and we do better than 7-9 but after i take my homer glasses off, see that its probably the most realistic outcome for the season ahead.

#23 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

In line with my 6-8 win prediction. Too many question marks at coaching, oline, health, and schedule.

#24 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,231 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:59 AM

In line with my 6-8 win prediction. Too many question marks at coaching, oline, health, and schedule.

We skipping two games? :unsure:

Edit: Never mind. Read it wrong :(

#25 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,713 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

We skipping two games? :unsure:

Edit: Never mind. Read it wrong :(

6 to 8 wins.

#26 Monday Night Shyamalan

Monday Night Shyamalan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  • LocationHollyweird, CA

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

7-9 is the default, safe bet.

I bet the Falcons surprise everyone ... by having a bad season. TB will be the darkhorse in our division. 

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• ALL-PRO
  • 42,231 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

6 to 8 wins.

Got it. I had it as W-L :lol:

#28 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:20 PM

BTW "wiseguys" hate Atlanta:

Last May, when season win totals were released and the Falcons number of victories was put at 10, I wrote a very polite take down of Atlanta. I believed the team's 8-0 start to 2012, propelled by a 4-0 start with wins over the Chiefs, Broncos, Chargers and Panthers, was a fraud. I wrote, "The Chiefs were, well, the worst team in football. The Broncos nearly came back to win after three first-half Peyton Manning interceptions. The Chargers were doing their annual September of self-discovery (which happened to last all season). And the Panthers game was won as much because Cam Newton fumbled trying to ice it on a short-yardage scramble as it was by a Matty Ice bomb. Break all this down according to the process, and not just the results, and you get a pretty good look at an inconsistent group whose status was elevated by public perception. In the second half of the season, the Falcons lost a game to each of their division rivals and finished 5-3."

In that same column, my handicapping buddy, The SportsBoss, pointed out that last year, "Atlanta played the third-easiest schedule, was plus-13 in turnover differential and, using the Pythagorean theorem of wins based on points, they won two more than they should have last year. I expect a regression on the turnovers and I have them as playing the eighth-toughest schedule. If their sked improves that much and their TO margin regresses just a bit and they play the same way they did last year, they are probably a .500 team."

When I was in Vegas this past weekend, no one I spoke to had changed their tune about the Falcons. Put simply, one wiseguy said to me, "I don't see them winning nine games."

yeah, i wasn't that impressed with them either. there's no doubting the power of that passing game, but really, that's all they have.

they were the luckiest team in the league last year. that's not just homer hate...that part you quoted is a very accurate description.

we should have swept them. we shouldn't have been swept by the bucs, either, but the falcons...that was pretty inexcusable. they weren't that good and i do expect some regression from them.

overall, i'm not really that impressed with anyone in the NFCS at the moment.

ATL's OL is worse than ours and their defense is crap. all they have is that passing game.

the saints picking up rob ryan won't help much. that D will still suck, but i think they end up winning the division or at least having the better record of all the teams.

the bucs are being run by an average college coach. i don't respect them at all and the fact that we got swept by them is embarrassing. if it were up to me, rivera would be fired the next day if the bucs swept us again or if they beat us in charlotte. we can't have that.

of course we have OL problems and are one lost smitty or cam away from disaster. we have a coach who has a history of bad game management who chose as his OC a coach who has a history of bad game management.

if any team in the NFCS wins 10 or more, i will have no problem (at this point) in calling it luck.

#29 Seltzer

Seltzer

• ALL-PRO
  • 650 posts
  • LocationLKN

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:22 PM

I bet the Falcons surprise everyone ... by having a bad season. TB will be the darkhorse in our division. 

Second that.

#30 CarolinaNCSU

CarolinaNCSU

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,397 posts
  • LocationRaleigh

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:23 PM

I see ATL missing the playoffs personally

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com