60 replies to this topic

#16 chef17

chef17

Senior Asshole

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,504 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

None of our quarterbacks are playing well. Cam's completion percentage is only 50% and Derek Anderson doesn't have any TDs and one INT, Hell Pickles has a higher QB rating than both of them.

But it was behind backups Olines... if the starters sucks think how bad the backups will be 

Not arguing with that. Doesn't change the fact that a poor preaseason isn't a reason to say he is developing into a good backup.

#17 lovelett

lovelett

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, Florida

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:53 AM

Clausens contract is practically guaranteed in full.
He has a million dollar cap hit regardless if he's on the roster or not.

Derek Anderson has a bit above a million dollar cap hit and its not guaranteed at all. Trade DA to the browns for a 7th or cut him and roll with clausen this year to save a million dollars in cap.

I realize I'm probably alone in this opinion but DA has looked horrible so far this year and clausen has looked good.

If we could get something for DA I would be all for this scenario.  If Cam goes down I do not really see either of them playing at the level we would need to get to the playoffs or anything.

#18 CPcavedweller

CPcavedweller

• HUDDLER
  • 2,421 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

If Armanti is healthy him and Clausen should be enough to get us the W.

Seriously though, is Edwards healthy? I'd like to see his standing on the depth chart.

#19 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Clausens contract is practically guaranteed in full.
He has a million dollar cap hit regardless if he's on the roster or not.

Derek Anderson has a bit above a million dollar cap hit and its not guaranteed at all. Trade DA to the browns for a 7th or cut him and roll with clausen this year to save a million dollars in cap.

I realize I'm probably alone in this opinion but DA has looked horrible so far this year and clausen has looked good.

Been saying this for months now. It's 95% guaranteed, and there's no reason to bring a 53rd on board to count as a 555k + the loss of 1M with Jimmy for someone on the back end of our roster. We're stuck with him and people are going to act shocked when he's still here after this weekend's cuts (unless he's traded)

btw: DA is only counting 555k against the cap (vet cap benefit)

#20 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 19,556 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

If we can get Dennis Dixon, I say cut both DA and Clausen.

#21 PantherFeez

PantherFeez

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  • LocationCharlotte NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:28 AM

If we could get something for DA I would be all for this scenario.  If Cam goes down I do not really see either of them playing at the level we would need to get to the playoffs or anything.

That and with an already hard schedule vs our starters the year would be lost if smitty or cam are down. No need in wasting a 1M unnecessary dead money hit into 2014 to exchange Jimmy's 53rd spot for another useless 53rd player. 

#22 cbully

cbully

• HUDDLER
  • 2,042 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I would really like to Clausen have a solid performance against the Steelers and potentially set ourselves up for a OL trade.

even so, at his face value what we would get in return is already our OL issue. smh... we need proven vet help that isn't likely to be injured. 

#23 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:49 AM

Assuming he gets cut, where might he end up?  You know he wants a chance to compete for a starting position, and there are some pretty horrific QB situations around the league in a few spots (Buffalo, Oakland come to mind).

#24 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Jimmy goes on and becomes the next Brett Favre.

#25 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,530 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

Assuming he gets cut, where might he end up? You know he wants a chance to compete for a starting position, and there are some pretty horrific QB situations around the league in a few spots (Buffalo, Oakland come to mind).

Somewhere with a West Coast Offense.

#26 Cyberjag

Cyberjag

• HUDDLER
  • 3,676 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:19 PM

You know he's never played in a WCO, right?

#27 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 41,530 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:29 PM

You know he's never played in a WCO, right?

I know his skill set is way better suited to it.

Weis ran an Earhardt-Perkins system at Notre Dame. Not WCO technically, but closer than the base Coryell we run.

#28 Anybodyhome

Anybodyhome

USN Retired

• HUDDLER
  • 6,948 posts
  • LocationWherever I May Roam

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:35 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Panthers have always carried 3 QBs on their roster and Gettleman did so in New York as well. In this day and age of injuries to QBs, why risk having only 2 available on game day?

#29 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,566 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

Assuming he gets cut, where might he end up?  You know he wants a chance to compete for a starting position, and there are some pretty horrific QB situations around the league in a few spots (Buffalo, Oakland come to mind).

KC would be as good a pick as any.  If I were him, that's what I would be looking at.

Reid can make average/below average QB's look like legit starters.

#30 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,929 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:57 PM

If you need a quarterback really bad, we have a really bad quarterback.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com