28 replies to this topic

#1 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:34 AM

Hope all you cocks fans are ready for an upset in Columbia. 

#2 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:57 AM

Should be an interesting game.  All eyes are going to be on Clowney.

Clowney probably one of the best physical specimens to come out of college football.

The One thing that some NFL people are watching for are how is he as a every down player.  As discussed on ESPN today he's hasn't been an every down DE more as a special pass rusher.  Now curious to see how he does in this game against Fed's fast pace spread especially considering how hot it is going to be.  Is he going to wear down playing as a every down DE in these conditions.  Is he going to be the same monster after one quarter or half?

Secondly this could be Hurst time to shine.  Hurst is going to be lined up against this Beast.

Hurst former 5* one of the top OL coming out of high school, enrolled early.  Instead of going to prom etc he was playing scout team against Robert Quinn.  Quinn at the time before the implosion was beginning to get major hype.  at 6'5 275 he broke Julius Peppers 40 time for a DL at UNC running a 4.5 some even rumored him down in the 4.48.  Quinn was thought as the next monsters DE (Peppers, Mario).  Most mocked him #1 overall in the next draft.  ESPN had features wonder what his sack total would be that year etc etc.  After Hurst had been matching up against Quinn that spring and most of summer, Quinn was suspended and off the team.  Hurst got thrown into the starting lineup against LSU first game as a true freshman against some Very talented potential AA tiger DE's.  He held his own in the game helping Yates have a monster game.  Hurst Continued to go on and matchup for 2 seasons against the Q Coples the top Drafted DE in the next draft.

Clowney is a Monster but Hurst has seen and matched up more top DE's than Any OT in the country Including SEC OT's.  Hurst has matched up against what ESPN thought was the best physical specimens said to come out 2 out of the last 3 years every day in practice for 2 and a half years.  Plus continued on with Kareem Martin who is no fluke himself.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:26 PM

Clowney vs. Hurst, this should be interesting.

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,567 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:04 PM

Very excited to see hurst

#5 Hugor Hill

Hugor Hill

It's not easy being drunk all the time

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,183 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

didn't know we were playing the Trojans this year.

#6 SCMunnerlyn1

SCMunnerlyn1

The Fuhckening has begun

• HUDDLER
  • 5,536 posts
  • LocationValdosta Georgia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Our first game is normally pretty sluggish hoping they come in prepared to get the job done today. Also watch out for Chaz sutton on the other side vs your RT He's no slouch either.

#7 Chaos

Chaos

@chaos_cltsports

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,281 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:43 AM

Clowney will need help to completely stop UNC's offense. I think Fedora has the Heels ready to play and they get the win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

#8 ncfan

ncfan

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationKey West, FL

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:06 AM

I'm actually more worried about this than Clowney.  While Clowney is a once a decade player coming out.  We have Hurst as noted above whose a NFL level LT whose faced top tier DL in practice his whole career at UNC including 2 super athletes Coples and Quinn.  

Sutton is up against a Red shirt Freshman whose was a 3* recruit coming out.  Though he has supposedly looked good in practice, he hasn't proven anything unlike Hurst yet.

Our first game is normally pretty sluggish hoping they come in prepared to get the job done today. Also watch out for Chaz sutton on the other side vs your RT He's no slouch either.

#9 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,232 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

didn't know we were playing the Trojans this year.

I was hoping someone did this.  I was refraining....

#10 weyco2000

weyco2000

• HUDDLER
  • 2,226 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

Clowney reminds me of Peppers, a speed edge rusher. Remember how opponents countered this? Run right at him and screen to that side.

#11 Scrumtrilescent

Scrumtrilescent

I aim to misbehave.

• Administrators
  • 8,673 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:37 AM

The Cocks traditionally start out the season stupidly slow but then Steve Spurrier has only lost one season opener in his head coaching career, and that was at Duke against SC in 1989.  The only legit weakness as of now on the defense is the LBs...they are stupidly athletic but completely raw and overagressive.  I foresee a huge year from Kelcey Quarles as well.  He'll be playing on Sundays in 2014 along with JD barring injuries.  Same for Vic Hampton, Jimmy Legree, and Chaz Sutton.  That defense isn't a one man show as the media wants it to be.

#12 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

Hurst has a huge chip on his shoulder. I expect him to play the best game of his career tonight.

#13 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,957 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:11 AM

The real question is who is gonna stop Quinshad Davis.

#14 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

USC means University of South Carolina fug the Southern Cal college

#15 Jakob

Jakob

never conquered rarely came

• Stop Making Threads...
  • 4,022 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'm a Tar Heel born, I'm a Tar Heel bred.
And when I die, I'm a Tar Heel dead.
So it's rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah-rah, Car'lina-'lina!
Rah, rah, rah!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com