Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fort Hood Shooter Sentenced to Death

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Good riddance I say.

Posted

Since it happened in Texas, I'm not surprised by this.

Posted

It's a military matter...doesn't think this has a thing to do with the state it's in. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Hope the sentence is carried out soon.

Is the gov't still classifying this as "workplace violence"? I was hoping it would change during the trial.

Posted

And he will sleep tonight just envisioning all the virgins he is about to encounter.

Posted

Is the gov't still classifying this as "workplace violence"? I was hoping it would change during the trial.

yes, mainly due to fiscal matters. if it was designated a terrorist attack, it would be handled under a completely different set of regulations and much more money would be spent. and the victims probably would not have gotten their day in court.

Posted

As much as I hate the prison-industrial complex in this country, I think we should have let him rot in jail. That way he could reflect on his heinous crime and not go out believing he was a martyr for jihad.

1 person likes this

Posted

Since it happened in Texas, I'm not surprised by this.

In Texas you get the death penalty for stealing a loaf of bread...so I wasn't surprised

Posted

As much as I hate the prison-industrial complex in this country, I think we should have let him rot in jail. That way he could reflect on his heinous crime and not go out believing he was a martyr for jihad.

I agree... I don't want to pay for his sorry ass, but I think he's getting what he wants.

Posted

In Texas you get the death penalty for stealing a loaf of bread...so I wasn't surprised

Cmon, low hang-in fruit....

Posted

Probably 20 years from now

Posted

You do realize that the trial was military, the State had nothing to do with it, and if the trial had been held in San Francisco, the verdict would likely have bee the same?   Just making sure.   :)