Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Positive PFF Notes On Star, Kawann, and. . .Nate Chandler?

54 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure he played o line in highschool and college. He also played oline at times in practice.

he did, well, he started out at TE and then switched to OT and started there and then there was a sudden need at DT on his team in his last year and got asked to switch.

at least that's what i remember.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good for Nate, seriously. I'm happy for the player. But the fact that an NFL franchise has to hope a guy can transition from DT to OT so they can have depth is sad.

To be fair, the guys we pick up who were proficient at their positions have sometimes sucked badly... Fua, McClain, and Norwood come immediately to mind for picks where you fill depth.

Posted

He did, and he played tight end at UCLA too.

Then I don't see the big deal. He didn't have a chance at making the squad for the dline given our new talent and he has shown potential as a linemen, so why not?
1 person likes this

Posted

Would be no surprise to see a fair amount of Chandler in preseason four.

Posted

If a converted DT is a key cog of that plan, then we're even more fuged than I assumed. This is a just a low risk, high reward "let's see what happens" move. If it works out, fantastic! If it doesn't, well we didn't really expect it to anyway, so no big deal.

I remember a certain team using a converted wide receiver at cornerback a few years ago. Didn't turn out so bad.

Posted

Even positive news gets turned into complaining.

4 people like this

Posted

he did, well, he started out at TE and then switched to OT and started there and then there was a sudden need at DT on his team in his last year and got asked to switch.

at least that's what i remember.

Yep.

He was also our emergency Olineman last season and will probably be an emergency Dlineman this year.

If he can improve his run blocking, he could prove to be a solid/versatile player...

Posted

I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen that Chandler has looked great playing LT, only problem is the level of competition.

gotta start somewhere.

This is really good news.

Not often ya see position switches like this.

Not often you get a guy with his athletic ability and strength at the offensive tackle position.

Posted

gotta start somewhere.

This is really good news.

Not often ya see position switches like this.

Not often you get a guy with his athletic ability and strength at the offensive tackle position.

Bingo!

the coaches saw this and took advantage of it.

Chandler is "developing" nicely..............great job coaches!

Posted

Anyone else see that Taiwan Jones is playing CB for Oakland now?

Posted

NC is an athletic guy.  Goes without saying that an athletic guy will do a little better in protection than in road grading.  

I like his potential from what he is now, I just don't think the ceiling is high enough.  

Posted

Even positive news gets turned into complaining.

The Huddle is on a pessimistic swing.

It'll change after we start 1-0. Then we're obviously destined to go 16-0.

Everyone around here is so bipolar.