Photo
- - - - -

Positive PFF Notes On Star, Kawann, and. . .Nate Chandler?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#31 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,622 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

I understand the frustration, but it's not like Chandler is a draft pick who didn't pan out; he's a UDFA who's doing what the coaches ask of him and seems to be learning his part decently.

Good for Nate, seriously. I'm happy for the player. But the fact that an NFL franchise has to hope a guy can transition from DT to OT so they can have depth is sad.

#32 Riverboat Ron

Riverboat Ron

The Gambler

• HUDDLER
  • 2,077 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:06 PM

I've been really impressed by Star and KK, they both look like they're going to be stars sooner than later. Only thing I worry about is teams just dinking and dunking us to death because they know they'll lose if they hold the ball more than 3 seconds. I hope we'll see tighter coverage as the season starts and continue to see this opportunistic defense thrive.  

#33 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 19,304 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:09 PM

Good for Nate, seriously. I'm happy for the player. But the fact that an NFL franchise has to hope a guy can transition from DT to OT so they can have depth is sad.

don't even have to add sunglasses to this one

x350-13-e1349277945312.jpg?w=211

#34 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

I'm pretty sure he played o line in highschool and college. He also played oline at times in practice.

#35 LinvilleGorge

LinvilleGorge

• HUDDLER
  • 4,586 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

Gettleman is smarter than 99% of you.

...damn armchair GMs this dude has a plan with the OL

If a converted DT is a key cog of that plan, then we're even more fuged than I assumed. This is a just a low risk, high reward "let's see what happens" move. If it works out, fantastic! If it doesn't, well we didn't really expect it to anyway, so no big deal.

#36 fieryprophet

fieryprophet

WARNING: Do not annoy!

• HUDDLER
  • 5,175 posts
  • LocationLa Grange, NC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'm pretty sure he played o line in highschool and college. He also played oline at times in practice.

He did, and he played tight end at UCLA too.

#37 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,763 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

he did, well, he started out at TE and then switched to OT and started there and then there was a sudden need at DT on his team in his last year and got asked to switch.

at least that's what i remember.

#38 Raskle

Raskle

Zookeeper

• HUDDLER
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:12 PM

To be fair, the guys we pick up who were proficient at their positions have sometimes sucked badly... Fua, McClain, and Norwood come immediately to mind for picks where you fill depth.

#39 SooSlow84

SooSlow84

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationYour mother's basement

Posted 28 August 2013 - 04:14 PM

He did, and he played tight end at UCLA too.

Then I don't see the big deal. He didn't have a chance at making the squad for the dline given our new talent and he has shown potential as a linemen, so why not?

#40 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,522 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

Would be no surprise to see a fair amount of Chandler in preseason four.

#41 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 37,522 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:26 PM

If a converted DT is a key cog of that plan, then we're even more fuged than I assumed. This is a just a low risk, high reward "let's see what happens" move. If it works out, fantastic! If it doesn't, well we didn't really expect it to anyway, so no big deal.

I remember a certain team using a converted wide receiver at cornerback a few years ago. Didn't turn out so bad.

#42 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 6,949 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

Even positive news gets turned into complaining.

#43 La Pantera

La Pantera

humpin' habanero

• HUDDLER
  • 3,603 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:29 PM

he did, well, he started out at TE and then switched to OT and started there and then there was a sudden need at DT on his team in his last year and got asked to switch.

at least that's what i remember.

Yep.

He was also our emergency Olineman last season and will probably be an emergency Dlineman this year.

If he can improve his run blocking, he could prove to be a solid/versatile player...

#44 pantherclaw

pantherclaw

Wise Ass

• HUDDLER
  • 6,514 posts
  • LocationGalveston

Posted 28 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

I've been trying to tell anyone who will listen that Chandler has looked great playing LT, only problem is the level of competition.

gotta start somewhere.
This is really good news.
Not often ya see position switches like this.
Not often you get a guy with his athletic ability and strength at the offensive tackle position.

#45 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,603 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:36 PM

gotta start somewhere.
This is really good news.
Not often ya see position switches like this.
Not often you get a guy with his athletic ability and strength at the offensive tackle position.

Bingo!

the coaches saw this and took advantage of it.

Chandler is "developing" nicely..............great job coaches!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.