Photo
- - - - -

oh and btw deangelo and jstew are probably both gone next year...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
177 replies to this topic

#166 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:24 PM

I hate to break it to you guys but lets look at how Gettleman has addressed the RB situation so far.

1. Extended Deangelo. While it lowered the cap hit for this year it makes cutting him next year retarded as the price to do so just got inflated by a good bit from the extension and added Bonus money as part of the restructure. If we were going to cut him next year then no point in touching his contract this year.

2. Picked up the 4th year option on Tolbert at 3.425 Million.

and finally Stewarts contract is soo fuging messy it may be the worst Hurney has ever done. http://www.spotrac.c...nathan-stewart/  ...Just check out the link you'll see why he's going to be here next year and probably in 2015 as well.

I remember the celebration thread after Stewart got that contract.  SMH.  Thankfully, the huddle collective has gotten a smidgen smarter because a lot of people who were for the contract are using the same arguments that were already made against the contract.  

#167 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:56 PM

I don't see J-Stew leaving The Panthers until 2016, and there's very little G-Man can do about that.

#168 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

I remember the celebration thread after Stewart got that contract. SMH. Thankfully, the huddle collective has gotten a smidgen smarter because a lot of people who were for the contract are using the same arguments that were already made against the contract.

Fans had the right to celebrate J-Stew being locked up for years. Did Hurney overpay him? That depends on how you viewed Stewart as a franchise player (which he is in my opinion). If J-Stew comes back and has a 800-900 yard season this year (assuming the o-line will at least be average) and a 1K yard season in 2014, then I don't see the problem. Stewie has the potential to be a Top 3 RB.

#169 Toundra

Toundra

100% French meat

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:10 PM

he's just not that effective anymore.

Everyone blame our offensive line but for the running game this is DW alone..

Dw is still a good RB but even the best RBS need holes..

#170 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

Fans had the right to celebrate J-Stew being locked up for years. Did Hurney overpay him? That depends on how you viewed Stewart as a franchise player (which he is in my opinion). If J-Stew comes back and has a 800-900 yard season this year (assuming the o-line will at least be average) and a 1K yard season in 2014, then I don't see the problem. Stewie has the potential to be a Top 3 RB.

Considering he just paid Williams it made it a comically overpaid backfield. Can't just look at one deal in a vacuum.

#171 FirstRoundPick

FirstRoundPick

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Fans had the right to criticize J-Stew being locked up for years because Hurney over payed him and D-Will too.

Fixed.  

#172 kdrh5

kdrh5

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

Let's not forget a few years ago when our line was actually respectable, Mike Goodson actually rushed for 100+ yards on more than one occasion as an injury fill-in for Williams and Stewart. That alone was a good indication that Double Trouble was a short-term luxury and not the long-term necessity that many of our fanbase and Hurney made them out to be.

#173 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

As soon as stop investing heavily and largely into certain positions and putting off others....who knows.

Bye Hardy.

#174 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

Considering he just paid Williams it made it a comically overpaid backfield. Can't just look at one deal in a vacuum.

Perhaps but at that time Double Trouble was a very hot commodity. Hurney might have made it rain but I think D-Will and J-Stew had deserved some level of compensation.

#175 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 29 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

Let's not forget a few years ago when our line was actually respectable, Mike Goodson actually rushed for 100+ yards on more than one occasion as an injury fill-in for Williams and Stewart. That alone was a good indication that Double Trouble was a short-term luxury and not the long-term necessity that many of our fanbase and Hurney made them out to be.

Goodson is talented, but troubled. There's a reason why Poole, Smith and Goodson never beat out Double Trouble.

#176 frash.exe

frash.exe

Freddy Frashbear

HUDDLER

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:06 PM

The Panthers will do what the Panthers will do, I have no say in what they do, so why bitch about it? (other than to have fun with it) Never get attached to any players...too much.

None of what you said requires anybody to latch on to a bunch of stupid arguments that make no sense

#177 Jangler

Jangler

oddly perched

HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

as I said...sometimes for the fun of it (trolling).

#178 restNChrist

restNChrist

Go Panthers...Keep Pounding

• PipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:18 PM

Let me ask a stupid question.   If Jstew (who i love) is injured for 7 games to end the season last year, 7 games or more to start the season this year, and is one of the most injury proned players we've ever had, why can't we just cut him?  I would rather have Poole on the team than the possibility of getting our fragile (although extremely awesome at stiff arms of doom) 2nd string running back back sometime in December!