Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

2014 NFL draft prospects

237 posts in this topic

Brandin Cooks and Kyle Fuller are quickly becoming my favorite prospects in this class

i like Fuller as well, but Cooks is a stud. i havent seen him play live much, but his cutups are pretty impressive. he reminds me of smitty, smaller WR who can compete on the outside because of his ability to track the football at its high point.

i like Fuller as well, but Cooks is a stud. i havent seen him play live much, but his cutups are pretty impressive. he reminds me of smitty, smaller WR who can compete on the outside because of his ability to track the football at its high point.

Very much so, he's not an exceptionally hard runner or blocker, but you instantly see him stand out with his body control and ability to high point the ball.  Top end speed is very good,  not too mention he's gotten the nuances of releasing off the line down, which will serve him well in the league.  The questions he will face will be his size and 40 time.  I think teams will be able to look past his height, but it does seem like it takes some time for him to ramp up to full speed on routes.

Gabe Jackson 6'3" 335lbs OG - Probably the best guard in the draft with strong base against the bull rush and excels in run blocking and pass protections 

He would be a excellent compliment to Amini and Kalil interior of the line would be top 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4

Absolutely right, he would be a great addition to our OL in the 2nd.

Mike Evans from Texas A+M is a stud. AT 6'5 and 225lbs he will be a match-up nightmare at the NFL level. Definitely worth considering in the 1st.

Your next Slot WR!!

Yeah, I was looking for us to get Campanaro for a while. However, I think we would benefit more from a larger outside receiver. If we have a later pick to get Campanaro or Mike Davis as well then that would be great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZndVXiDe8Y

Bradin Cooks is really good at the college level but, like Campanaro is going to be limited to the slot in the NFL. Fuller is good but not a shutdown tyoe corner in the way that Deion Belue projects to be. Both are expeceted to go somewhere from the 4th to the 5th.

Top prospects for us: 

Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Taylor Lewan, Anthony Barr, Sammy Watkins, Cyrus Kouandijo, Gabe Jackson, CJ Mosley and David Yankey.

1 person likes this

Texas Tech TE Jace Amaro says he will not be entering the 2014 draft and will stay for another season.  Was a favorite among the draftnik community and figured to be an early pick.

Interesting that he decided to stay, I don't think it will have much relevance to us as we weren't in the market for an early-round TE.