Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 NFL draft prospects

237 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Cant wait to see Norte Dame vs. Michigan. A lot of very good prospects: Taylor Lewan, Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt, and Zack Martin.

Posted · Report post

Interested to see how UGA responds to the Clemson game, and how they deal with Clowney.  Last year they tried to chip him with backs, but they didn't have the size to do so.  Gurley and Marshall put on a good bit of muscle during the off season so it should be interesting to see if they're any more effective at it.  Also interested to see Devin Gardner vs Notre Dame and if San Jose State can pull the upset against Stanford behind Senior QB David Fales.  Also on a personal fan level I'm interested to see how USC's banged up secondary performs against Washington State....

i still do not understand how all the NC schools allow Gurley and Marshall to leave the state. but that game interests me a lot, big match up. i think the Stanford vs SJSU game is really a game to watch for the scouting eye. SJSU offense vs Stanford D should be a good watch. Reynolds the FS from Stanford is pretty decent.

Posted · Report post

Cant wait to see Norte Dame vs. Michigan. A lot of very good prospects: Taylor Lewan, Louis Nix, Stephon Tuitt, and Zack Martin.

Good match up for Lewan vs that DL.

Posted · Report post

Good match up for Lewan vs that DL.

didn't see the game, how did he do?

Posted · Report post

2014 NFL Draft

(1st): CB
(2nd): CB

Posted · Report post

(1st): OL

(2nd): DB

(3rd): WR/TE

2014 NFL Draft

(1st): CB
(2nd): CB

Posted · Report post

With the defense we have at our possession, we're picking in the 17-20 range.

Therefore, we draft L. Purifoy (DB) in the first, J. Matthews (WR) in the second and B. Coleman (WR) in the third.

Posted · Report post

didn't see the game, how did he do?

the plays i watched, he seemed to do a decent job at LT. he also moves pretty well in run blocking, and got to the LBs easily. also pass protected well when i was watching.wish i could have caught more of the game.

Posted · Report post

(1st): OL

(2nd): DB

(3rd): WR/TE

How about invest the future and later round picks (worthless in Panthers' history) back into the 1st? Possessing two 1st rounders:

(1st) OL: Lewan, Kouandjio, Hurst, Richardson

(1st) CB: Purifoy, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Verrett, Colvin

FA: (WR) Nicks/Maclin and OG

Posted · Report post

True but I hate trading away future first rounders 

Like the idea of OL in the first:  secondary is hurting but so is the OL badly,  front 7 can hold teams in check for now but it starts in the trenches on the O end as well.  Cam needs protection our Highly paid RB's need holes.  Also Gross isn't getting younger, he's still good but he is slowly showing a little age in certain aspects see getting beat off the edge today for the sack.  Alternate: Clinton-Dix-Ball hawking safety 

2nd: DB best available safety or CB.  Our Corners are young and a few have shown promise (see norman)  but young can still find solid shutdown corners falling into the 2nd or a solid Safety.  Either would show up big with our front 7.  OL

3rd: WR/TE if there is a higher ranked TE on the board, take him to pair with Olson.  Solid TE duo can do wonders, see Olson/Shockey duo cams rook year.  A 3rd round WR can be a solid #2 down the road and if we can get a guy like Nicks in FA put the rook on the other side and you can finally move Smith to a Welker role in the slot.

FA:  Nicks- wish we can get ahold of him somehow, maybe with some of the injuries he's had and being a charlotte native (actually remember reading an article while he was at indy that Smith was one of his favorite players in the NFL) maybe we can get him a little cheap.

OG:  find some Vet OG who's about to retire to come in for depth and help mentor Amini and Kug

Also wouldn't mind this at all:

1st: Clinton-Dix- As much help as we need at OL,  this pick would be just about as good.  Super ball hawking Safety to help out our young corners Norman etc

2nd: Ebron- love this not just because a UNC fan, Ebron with Olson in 2 TE sets would be Nice, plus Ebron is a Good blocker for a TE

3rd: WR

How about invest the future and later round picks (worthless in Panthers' history) back into the 1st? Possessing two 1st rounders:

Posted · Report post

I am a huge fan of Ekpre-Olomu and especially Verrett. I do however think that I would try to use the first on one of the bigtime receivers, Watkins or Lee, then go with OL or CB BPA.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Now if we have a solid draft and FA this offseason and were back in contention to win the NFCS and one of the top teams in the whole NFC.  Now this is less likely to happen But I would Love to to see looking forward the next year us pull an ala Atlanta Julio situation and  move up and grab Todd Gurley hometown kid who imo is the next Peterson.  Have a Gurley Barner duo going forward and we could finally cut ties with the old smash and dash duo and use those cap space on other positions that you would try to fix with that extra pick you traded up to get TG.  

Lock up the D.  If we stick with shula,  2 TE sets of Ebron/Olson and RB duo of GurleyBarner with Cam QBing = winning.