• Hey There!

Please register to see fewer ads and a better viewing experience:100_Emoji_42x42:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DaCityKats

2014 NFL draft prospects

1st-2nd round prospect Colt Lyerla has left the oregon football team, and will declare for the draft. is a flex TE, or H-Back has lined up every where from inline TE to Halfback in the shotgun and got inside reads. will compare to Aaron Hernandez because of talent, and off field issues.but he has the talent, wouldnt mind looking at him in the 3rd round.bet Bill is licking his chops, to get him.

Oregon head coach Mark Helfrich doesn't even get that luxury as any chance of star tight end Colt Lyerla returning to the field ended Sunday night when the junior announced that he's leaving the program.

"I love everyone at Oregon; everyone's on good terms, I believe," Lyerla is quoted on the school's official athletic website, GoDucks.com. "Just for my own benefit, it was time to move on.

"I wish nothing but the best for coach Helfrich and the team. I love the University of Oregon and am so thankful for every opportunity that I had. I'm going to use everything I learned from this program and do my best to be successful in whatever happens in the future."

Lyerla addressed his future, indicating that he will not be transferring to another school but will instead be preparing for the NFL. As an underclassman, Lyerla will have to petition the NFL for early admittance into the 2014 draft but the third-year junior is technically eligible.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24041765/talented-but-troubled-lyerla-a-tough-grade-for-scouts

week 6 standouts

Carlos Hyde, RB OSU

Louchiez Purifoy, CB Florida

Eric Ebron, TE UNC

Prince Shembo, OLB/DE Notre Dame

Cyril Richardson, OG Baylor

Odell Beckham Jr, WR LSU

Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson

Paul Richardson, WR Colorado

Gabe Jackson 6'3" 335lbs OG - Probably the best guard in the draft with strong base against the bull rush and excels in run blocking and pass protections 

He would be a excellent compliment to Amini and Kalil interior of the line would be top 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4

Love Jackson. But I'd still give the edge to Cyril Richardson.

Brandin Cooks and Kyle Fuller are quickly becoming my favorite prospects in this class

i like Fuller as well, but Cooks is a stud. i havent seen him play live much, but his cutups are pretty impressive. he reminds me of smitty, smaller WR who can compete on the outside because of his ability to track the football at its high point.

i like Fuller as well, but Cooks is a stud. i havent seen him play live much, but his cutups are pretty impressive. he reminds me of smitty, smaller WR who can compete on the outside because of his ability to track the football at its high point.

Very much so, he's not an exceptionally hard runner or blocker, but you instantly see him stand out with his body control and ability to high point the ball.  Top end speed is very good,  not too mention he's gotten the nuances of releasing off the line down, which will serve him well in the league.  The questions he will face will be his size and 40 time.  I think teams will be able to look past his height, but it does seem like it takes some time for him to ramp up to full speed on routes.

Gabe Jackson 6'3" 335lbs OG - Probably the best guard in the draft with strong base against the bull rush and excels in run blocking and pass protections 

He would be a excellent compliment to Amini and Kalil interior of the line would be top 5.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1rHiCPDt1M4

Absolutely right, he would be a great addition to our OL in the 2nd.

Mike Evans from Texas A+M is a stud. AT 6'5 and 225lbs he will be a match-up nightmare at the NFL level. Definitely worth considering in the 1st.

Bradin Cooks is really good at the college level but, like Campanaro is going to be limited to the slot in the NFL. Fuller is good but not a shutdown tyoe corner in the way that Deion Belue projects to be. Both are expeceted to go somewhere from the 4th to the 5th.

Top prospects for us: 

Jake Matthews, Mike Evans, Taylor Lewan, Anthony Barr, Sammy Watkins, Cyrus Kouandijo, Gabe Jackson, CJ Mosley and David Yankey.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Cobra

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts