236 replies to this topic

#136 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

I'm not sure we're really in the market for a TE. Williams looks promising and we have so far avoided running many 2TE sets that would make adding another TE important. 

#137 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:52 PM

I'm not sure we're really in the market for a TE. Williams looks promising and we have so far avoided running many 2TE sets that would make adding another TE important. 

I'd like to actually see Williams play so we know what he has or doesn't have.  As far as I remember, he hasn't played in a real game yet this season.

#138 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'd like to actually see Williams play so we know what he has or doesn't have.  As far as I remember, he hasn't played in a real game yet this season.

completely agree, we might have a stud or a bust, we just don't know.

#139 bigskypanthersguy

bigskypanthersguy

Prowl, Cats, Prowl.

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:57 PM

completely agree, we might have a stud or a bust, we just don't know.

not sure I'd call a UDFA a bust, just making a roster is an achievement for someone like that, even if it's only one season.  But yeah, I actually rather hope we play him against Atlanta.  The season's growing shorter by the week and every week is another possible chance to see him that we don't use...

#140 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 10:52 PM

not sure I'd call a UDFA a bust, just making a roster is an achievement for someone like that, even if it's only one season.  But yeah, I actually rather hope we play him against Atlanta.  The season's growing shorter by the week and every week is another possible chance to see him that we don't use...

What I was meaning by bust was simply that he isn't going to be somebody we want on our roster going forwards. 

#141 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 06:27 PM

Anthony Barr vs. Oregon is interesting to watch right now.

#142 DirtyMagic97

DirtyMagic97

YNWA

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,384 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:10 PM

Also- can we draft Oregon's cheerleaders?

#143 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 26 October 2013 - 08:24 PM

Anthony Barr vs. Oregon is interesting to watch right now.

I like this Jordan Zuwalt guy.he is all over the field, MLB.

#144 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,255 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:17 AM

Oregon's D is so underappreciated. There's talent there and we'll need it. I'm willing to bet (with the exception of Ifo), Oregon's other DBs weren't on many draft boards... until last night.

In preparation for next year, we gotta draft a CB, OLB, and possibly a DE.

#145 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,255 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:19 AM

Colt lyria was a great TE prospect destined to go in the later rounds due to many character issues. He got popped with cocaine last night. Scratch him from the list.

Wow, yeah I heard about that. SMH. He'll definitely go undrafted now.

#146 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:28 PM

Colt will not be drafted at all, but should become a prized udfa guy.

Just read that Cyrus Kouandijo tore his acl and mcl in 2011 as a freshman but still started every game last year. Speaks volumes about his work ethic.

#147 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 02 November 2013 - 07:30 PM

huge day for Sammy Watkins, he caught several deep balls today including a 95 yarder.

#148 monkey48

monkey48

NOT NEWB

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 01:56 PM

Oregon's D is so underappreciated. There's talent there and we'll need it. I'm willing to bet (with the exception of Ifo), Oregon's other DBs weren't on many draft boards... until last night.

In preparation for next year, we gotta draft a CB, OLB, and possibly a DE.

DE is sorted. I can see us getting a late round OLB as well as a couple of CBs in the middle. However, the focus for this draft has to be OL and WR, they are definitely the weakest positions at the moment. 

#149 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,600 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:31 PM

week 10 standouts

Tiny Richardson, OT Tennessee. Huge OT with long arms and big frame 6'6 325. have faced top talent in the SEC for 3 years and could make the jump as a junior. had a decent showing vs Mizzoui after a ok showing vs Clowney. Mizzoui has some pretty good edge rushers in Ealy and Sams, but he did a good job at keeping them out of the pocket. several times he would just ride them up the field, allowing the QB to step up.

Seantrel Henderson, OT Miami. another huge OT that has1st round potential, but will go later.listed at 6'8 345, this guy is the ideal OT prospect. was rated the #1 OT coming out of HS, but just hasn't been able to put it all together consistently. when he is on, nobody is better then him especially in run blocking. he made several huge blocks showing the athletic ability to get to the next level and block LBs. had several huge holes vs FSU but only played 2 series. the 2 series he was on the field, Da U scored. he must really be in Al's doghouse.

Marqis Lee, WR USC. coming back from a sprained knee at about 85% he torched a beaver d on the first play from scrimmage. ran a post route that showcased his speed and got behind the safety on a playaction pass. he also showed his YAC ability when he took a 8 yard curl into a 23 yard gain. made the DB look like he was in mud and left him in that spot. finished the game with  5 catches 105 yards, and a TD.

Darqueze Dennard, CB Michigan St. Physical, press CB who can maul and shadow a WR with the best. had good coverage on Gallon the entire game when matched up against him. does not lung when pressing WRs, shows good technique. would like to see him in off man, but he is probably the best press CB that will declare. decent size at 5'11 197 had a pick vs Michigan sat.

Sammy Watkins, WR Clemson. competing with Evans to be the 1st WR off the board. this guy has really stepped his game this year, with seeing coverages rolled to him. Clemson does a great job at moving him around so it is hard to double him, but he just makes plays. one of the better route runners and is a decent sized WR at 6'1 205. deep speed and great YAC ability. ran 2 vertical routes that were crisply ran, for TDs with one going for 96 yards. he is a stud.

Dion Bailey, SS USC. at his normal position after playing WLB in Kiffins tampa 2 defense. this guy is all over the field making plays. is good in coverage, and can play man on TEs. picked off a ball thrown to the TE in the red zone where he was manned up and under cut the ball. not afraid to be physical and run the alley ,  can come up and stop the ball carrier. he projects as a SS on the next level.   

other standouts

Derek Carr, QB Fresno St

Eric Ebron, TE UNC

Brandin Cooks, WR Oregon St

Kareem Martin, DE UNC

Devonta Freeman, RB FSU

#150 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 12:34 PM

Ebron is special. The type of player where you ignore what you already have when assessing whether or not to draft him. He's more than just a TE.. He has game breaking ability and is a capable of excelling in all the facets of the game. I haven't seen it mention much but he played both ways for stretches last season... and was productive rushing off the edge. He plays special teams very well and takes pride in making plays regardless of type. With all that said he obviously will make his name as a pass cathcing TE where he has Vernon Davis type upside imo.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com