Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spotrac's Greg Hardy Contract Forecast(Bigger than CJ'S deal)

51 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

They did some research and compared the production(before they signed)and  the contracts of Carlos Dunlap, CJ, Mario Williams, and Chris Long's deals to come up with this absurd prediction.

"Spotrac's Prediction: 6 years, $82,108,329
  •  Average annual salary: $13,684,721
  •  Guaranteed: $28,335,373 (34.5%)"

Here's a link to the article and research they did to come up with their figure http://www.spotrac.com/premium/research/nfl/contract-forecast-greg-hardy-370/

Posted · Report post

ugh.

Posted · Report post

not gonna happen

Posted · Report post

I would be upset with this much invested and what appears to be a solid player in Alexander behind him.

2 people like this

Posted · Report post

Whatever it takes to keep him here and not kill the cap is fine with me. A lot of players want the total contract value number to be big, but the cap hit is usually no where near that number.

He's becoming a premier edge rusher in a passing league, keeping him here has got to be a priority.

Posted · Report post

the reason you sign him before this year is to avoid the crazy price tag he would get on the open market.

Still sticking with 5 years 30 million

Posted · Report post

We can't afford such extra cap if you ask me. If they reach a deal, it won't be that kind of money.

Posted · Report post

No way

Posted · Report post

I was expecting the $55-60mil range...  $80mil.. I think I have to let him walk if Alexander shows well this season.

Posted · Report post

Whatever it takes to keep him here and not kill the cap is fine with me. A lot of players want the total contract value number to be big, but the cap hit is usually no where near that number.

He's becoming a premier edge rusher in a passing league, keeping him here has got to be a priority.

I am hoping signing him early gets us a discount.

Posted · Report post

the reason you sign him before this year is to avoid the crazy price tag he would get on the open market.

Still sticking with 5 years 30 million

He also only has produced one year....always the Albert Haynesworth risk. Assuming one year on books is what you get in the future. We already gambled with CJ....this is a double down and going right back with the same bet.

That is if those figures are what goes down

Posted · Report post

Hit the road jack, Frank Alexander your up.